Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello from italy  (Read 2082 times)
Gigiur

« on: August 29, 2018, 04:11:32 AM »

Hey guys,

I'm an italian kid who's new to the world of ECU tuning. Nonetheless I do have quite a bit of expericence with reverse engineering and IDA Pro, although it's mostly on embeded ARM and desktop x86 platforms. Still I think my knowledge would translate quite well to ECUs.

I have a 2000 Fiat Punto 1.2 16V, which has a Bosch ME7.3H4 ECU (0261206339), which although hadware wise is quite similar to the Audi ECUs mostly discussed on the forum, appears to be quite different programming wise, and sadly I was unable to find any specific documentation about it on the interwebs.  Sad

My goals are to understand how the ECU works and possibly, tune it a bit. I'm not so sure about the second part as I am not extremley expericned with engines, unlike electronics where I have a fair bit of experience, but I fell I'm still a beginner nonetheless. At most It would be cool to modify the ECU and and some features that my car is lacking as an alternative to tuning. Grin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: