Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mk5 GTi Race Car DSG Shift issue Maestro  (Read 8418 times)
MNZ

« on: December 21, 2015, 09:48:41 PM »

Need some help with a race car we have built and have an issue with DSG shifting.

Basic run down:

CTS GTX3071R kit with external gate
RS4 Injectors
Autotech HPFP kit
Eboost 2 Controller

We have run the vehicle on the dyno and got very good power from it and there is no issues with that. We have an upgraded DSG map that has increased clamp loads and shift times and stopped auto upshift, this all works fine also.

However, when we shift gear there is marked delay in the power coming back. Essentially if we pull the paddle the shift appears to happen but then it takes maybe a second for power to return. It almost sounds and feels like a clutch slip but the revs don't flare and we are sure the clutch is fine as it holds 25 psi boost onset without an issue. Basically it feels like the shift is quick but then the throttle is delayed from returning to full power.

We have tried EVERY combination of things and it seems to come back to the ECU tune and a torque limit of some kind. We have run with stock DSG file with our tune and same issue, tried refitting N75 in case it was the boost controller upsetting it, tried running without MAF. We have even put stock tune back in and it seems better but we can't really test full throttle high revs obviously.

I have asked Eurodyne for support but they are not forthcoming. And in fact after buying Maestro we struggled to even get a base file that matched as the engine code is AXX which didn't match his US ones. When looking at the maps he has opened up for me it is far less than the others on his directory for USA cars but he refuses to respond. It is spoiling a VERY good race car and we are almost out of options... Does anyone have any ideas?

The only map I can see that might help is "Optimum Torque During Shift" but again he won't help with what needs doing here.

All and any help greatly appreciated! or if I can be pointed to any gurus?

ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 09:55:41 PM »

Log ignition angle during the shift.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
javigsi

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 01:56:03 AM »

This problem is common in DSG . you can usually fix from the soft engine.  you talk eurodyne  to so they can solve.
adam-

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:05:44 AM »

We need logs.  Why are you using a boost controller?  Fit an N75!
MNZ

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 11:54:58 AM »

I will see if we have a log of ignition angle during shift somewhere, if not I will log.

Eurodyne are not interested in helping.

We are running boost controller due to it being a race car, it means we can run different settings for sprint/endurance race and also have "push to pass" button. It causes no issues that I can see?
tuned

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 11:39:42 AM »

I will see if we have a log of ignition angle during shift somewhere, if not I will log.

Eurodyne are not interested in helping.

We are running boost controller due to it being a race car, it means we can run different settings for sprint/endurance race and also have "push to pass" button. It causes no issues that I can see?
send me the maestro file you are using. along with a maestro log, bottom of third gear and shift into fourth when you do a maestro log change lamda to afr please. I think I might know the issue. chris tap is a very busy man. what ecu is it 1ko907115?
ill be able to remote tune.
gman86

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 02:36:14 PM »

You need to find MDNORM and change it from 0x32 (500Nm) to to 0x22 (330Nm). DSG map should have over-ridden the torque limit though.
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 03:03:12 PM »

You need to find MDNORM and change it from 0x32 (500Nm) to to 0x22 (330Nm). DSG map should have over-ridden the torque limit though.

That is not a good idea.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
gman86

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 03:17:54 PM »

That is not a good idea.

If the clamping force has been increased in the DSG map it'll be fine. I've done it on my Mk6 R with 360lbft and it doesn't slip.
mister t

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 07:06:01 PM »

you talk eurodyne  to so they can solve.

lolololololol, good luck with that....

Although the Maestro system was a good idea in principle (and I actually still have mine) Chris Tapp seems to have a habit of a) offering minimal to no post-purchase customer support and b) totally abandoning his past clients as soon as a more profitable project comes along.

While I understand that Eurodyne may be a comparatively small company as far as tuners go and Chris may be busy, that's no excuse to leave your clients high and dry. Either hire some additional staff, or only expand as far as your ability to effectively take care of your existing client base.

Although my Maestro suite served it's purpose well as a tuning solution for my AEB 1.8T, there's no way I would ever buy anything from Eurodyne again unless Chris Tapp actually starts giving a damn about the people who have put food on his table so far....

(PS, and I should note that as a sole practitioner lawyer, I know exactly what it's like to run a one man show. I know it's hectic and you can't get back to everyone instantly. However, it's my duty to monitor my client load and know when to draw the line. So that's why the whole "I'm too busy to care" argument doesn't wash with me.) 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 07:12:01 PM by mister t » Logged
brs

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 12:13:40 AM »

Hi all

any solution about this topic?
teobolo

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 12:42:32 AM »

to my opinion the best solution is to raise clutch pressure to dsg .Dq250 can hold 700nm torque with oem clutch disks .
brs

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 01:28:29 AM »

to my opinion the best solution is to raise clutch pressure to dsg .Dq250 can hold 700nm torque with oem clutch disks .
Thanks,so DSG software ?
teobolo

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 04:22:16 AM »

yes for sure
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: