Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: Tuning projects 3.0TFSI Stage 1 SIMOS 8.4  (Read 85520 times)
thedrill

« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2021, 10:11:53 AM »

My car Is a 2012 A6 C7, its on revision 0005 and the latest version is 0010.
thedrill

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2021, 04:58:55 PM »

Can anyone else confirm this is safe to flash a later revision file with PCMFLASH.

Thanks
irish07

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2021, 07:20:23 PM »

Can anyone else confirm this is safe to flash a later revision file with PCMFLASH.

Thanks
I’ve done it before on simos8.4, I had flashed the updated version first to make sure I had correct file and engine ran. I then edited the updated file and flashed, still running. The 2nd flash will write fast because signature matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thedrill

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2021, 07:26:38 PM »

I’ve done it before on simos8.4, I had flashed the updated version first to make sure I had correct file and engine ran. I then edited the updated file and flashed, still running. The 2nd flash will write fast because signature matches.

Ok thanks..Im used to doing bios updates on P.C and sometimes you have to flash the next bios before doing the final one, if there are a few revisions 

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:34:10 PM by thedrill » Logged
garagebuilt

« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2021, 07:35:45 PM »

ip_tqi_dif_abs_lim
ip_tqi_dif_abs_lim_st
ip_tqi_dif_i_lim

The above are for limp mode power limits which I believe when triggered are active above 1500rpm. You don't need to edit these maps, but I do and max them out. I do my fair share of tracking and would not want throttle/power cut when I'm committed in or out of a corner.

ip_tq_pow_max_drof_mt
ip_tq_pow_max_drof_mt_4wd

The above from my understanding are for manual trans and/or free reving. However, a large amount of the ecu's I've worked on will use manual trans tables even on an automatic vehicle. If the manual trans maps are below the limits of the automatic maps, the manual map limits "could" restrict the final output power because those values are the lesser in the batch of torque maps and viseversa.
DROF = drive-off maps, the ECU will reference these maps for 1 second by default (c_t_drof_gear), unless you are over 50% throttle, and they’re for aiding in taking off from a stop. The DROF assistance can be modified or disabled but no point, as any aggressive take-off will disable the operation.

mtb703

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2021, 07:25:23 AM »

Hey all, I'm having trouble making full boost for stock pulley.  2010 S4 M6.

It seems to still be bleeding off boost after 5k rpm, just like the stock map.  I'm requesting 600 nm, but my specified map pressure (map_sp) maxes out at 1732 and falls off from there.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like "maximum allowed torque at clutch due to torque limitation depending on gear ratio xxxx" is the primary torque request map.  Everything else is conditional, port flap error etc...

The max manifold pressure isn't relevant until your over 200 kpa.

I've built my simos 8.4 definition file off of 8.5, so I'm thinking i'm targeting the wrong transmission. 

I've tried these

0x5B61C
0x5B81C
0x5B6D4
0x5B8C4

Is it not one of these?  Or do I have something else limiting max torque / specified map ?

Thanks!

garagebuilt

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2021, 07:50:44 AM »

Hey all, I'm having trouble making full boost for stock pulley.  2010 S4 M6.

It seems to still be bleeding off boost after 5k rpm, just like the stock map.  I'm requesting 600 nm, but my specified map pressure (map_sp) maxes out at 1732 and falls off from there.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like "maximum allowed torque at clutch due to torque limitation depending on gear ratio xxxx" is the primary torque request map.  Everything else is conditional, port flap error etc...

The max manifold pressure isn't relevant until your over 200 kpa.

I've built my simos 8.4 definition file off of 8.5, so I'm thinking i'm targeting the wrong transmission.  

I've tried these

0x5B61C
0x5B81C
0x5B6D4
0x5B8C4

Is it not one of these?  Or do I have something else limiting max torque / specified map ?

Thanks!

Check things like ip_maf_max_stnd (4CF20) and ip_pq_scha_lim (4D1F8). There are a few air mass limiters around that area of the 8.4 that may be of interest to you.

Here’s a shot of the torque limiters in that area if it helps:

You’re modifying the torque limiters for 3 different transmissions with the maps you’ve listed. Torque limiters alone aren’t enough to increase boost in the SIMOS though so check around the 4Cxxx/4Dxxx area to make sure you’ve covered your bases airflow-wise.

Have fun!
mtb703

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2021, 08:20:19 AM »

Check things like ip_maf_max_stnd (4CF20) and ip_pq_scha_lim (4D1F8). There are a few air mass limiters around that area of the 8.4 that may be of interest to you.

Here’s a shot of the torque limiters in that area if it helps:

Okay, I think ip_maf_max_stnd is the issue.  Looking at the values, and the aircharge to torque map, that should be limiting me to below ~540 nm, definitely below what I'm requesting.  I'll modify that and relog.

So it seems there is the primary torque request, but that's limited by cylinder air mass max, and manifold pressure max.   And then various conditional factors, IATs and sensor errors.

I'll have to give that INSY-Intake System chapter a better look!  Appreciate the pointers

You’re modifying the torque limiters for 3 different transmissions with the maps you’ve listed.

Have fun!

Right, I realized that.  But only one should be active depending on ECU flag for the transmission.  I believe the correct one is ip_tq_pow_max_mt_4wd[0], which I have as 0x5B81C. 

« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 08:25:59 AM by mtb703 » Logged
fastboatster

« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2021, 04:57:29 PM »

Looking at the map addresses provided in the screenshot and mtb703 posts, looks like I was able to find the right torque limiter maps for simos 8.4, too. 0x5B61C is "another torque limit map by gear", lol in my xdf file I posted a few pages before. When I did a test run with my file, I also wasn't getting full boost because I didn't know it was airflow limited. Shame I couldn't continue at that time as my engine didn't like a long full throttle run uphill with oil below min and spun some main bearings. But now I'm (another) dsg transmission pull away from continuing and very optimistic, lol) or just fold and move on to something else already.
mtb703

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2021, 11:06:35 AM »

Just finished my logging, spec map was ~2000 hpa, actual ~1950 hpa for the pull, bypass at zero for the entire time.   So lambda and torque are good, now I deal with knock retard.  I'm pretty certain that at my 70% ethanol content, its false knock.  But I ordered TunerNerd's Knock Monitor for some better data.

thedrill

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2021, 07:38:06 AM »

Just finished my logging, spec map was ~2000 hpa, actual ~1950 hpa for the pull, bypass at zero for the entire time.   So lambda and torque are good, now I deal with knock retard.  I'm pretty certain that at my 70% ethanol content, its false knock.  But I ordered TunerNerd's Knock Monitor for some better data.

What maps need altering for E85 tuning, I had a go myself a while back and had check light and limp mode..lol.
mtb703

« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2021, 08:04:43 AM »

I get that at 85% as well, primarily at low load right?  Which is why I backed down to 70% ethanol.

Once I get everything squared away, I plan on going back up to 85% and resolving the issue.  Maybe bumping rail pressure to compensate for the needed increase in mass flow.

thedrill

« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2021, 08:16:17 AM »

I had not travelled far after the flash , got on a slight incline and bam it falls on its face.. I have tuned the fuel pressure at higher loads.
mtb703

« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2021, 09:43:40 AM »

Right, i've had it happen probably 10 times or so.   A couple times going uphill, most of the time just maintaining freeway speeds ~75 mph.

I've logged it several times, low side, high side, duty cycles.  Everything looks good.  The vcds error is "Bank1; Fuel Measuring System 2".  I can't figure out what specifically this is.  It sounds like either the low or high side pressure sensor.  But I can't think of any reason a fuel pressure sensor would have an issue with high ethanol content.

It seems to be a common issue with the EPL e85 calibrations.  And looks like it was never resolved. 

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/711492-More-Fuel-Issues-P1093-quot-Malfunction-quot?highlight=P1093
irish07

« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2021, 09:39:14 PM »

Right, i've had it happen probably 10 times or so.   A couple times going uphill, most of the time just maintaining freeway speeds ~75 mph.

I've logged it several times, low side, high side, duty cycles.  Everything looks good.  The vcds error is "Bank1; Fuel Measuring System 2".  I can't figure out what specifically this is.  It sounds like either the low or high side pressure sensor.  But I can't think of any reason a fuel pressure sensor would have an issue with high ethanol content.

It seems to be a common issue with the EPL e85 calibrations.  And looks like it was never resolved. 

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/711492-More-Fuel-Issues-P1093-quot-Malfunction-quot?highlight=P1093
Have you datalogged and checked HPFP duty?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: