Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Came from nowhere, blue smoke from exhaust and rough idle  (Read 3888 times)
BlackT

« on: September 17, 2018, 01:15:13 AM »

I put in my car a month ago,a used AEB engine. The engine is not in bad condition. Everthing stock, so I put new oil and start driving.
After 2000 km I was check my oil, and it was at same level, I must mention the engine was working perfectly... All of a sudden a few days ago, I get a rought idle, the car was idling at 700 rpm or lower, and i noticed a blue smoke and oil smell from exhaust. When I was driving i didn't noticed any problem or anything unusual.
That was trip of about 40 km and the problem with idle was there all time.  After that I checked my oil and there was a slight difference in oil level, beraly visible,maybe 0.5dl less.   
The nex day,and all days after that, car again work perfectly. Idle is normal and there is no blue smoke  Huh  I can't figure out what hapen that day, what could cause that.
Does anyone have any idea?  Thank you
woj

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 03:44:12 AM »

Shit in / clogged breather / oil catch tank full ?
BlackT

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 06:48:52 AM »

I don't have Oil catch can, I have only this conected before turbo
https://www.carid.com/ic/wp/kayser/w01331736599kay_1.jpg
and it goes to crankcase

Like this
temporary image upload
Risky

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 10:00:25 AM »

Leaky turbo seals? I get that oil smell in the exhaust sometimes when I have to hop on it to pull into traffic when the engine isnt totally warmed up. The smell will usually linger for a while then dissipate. Takes forever for that shit to burn off. No blue smoke though.
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 06:19:53 AM »

Leaky turbo seals? I get that oil smell in the exhaust sometimes when I have to hop on it to pull into traffic when the engine isnt totally warmed up. The smell will usually linger for a while then dissipate. Takes forever for that shit to burn off. No blue smoke though.
Maybe, look this I remove the hose after turbo and there was oil in it. So definitly turbo oil seals are not doing their job.

Risky

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 09:45:33 PM »

Ive seen worse  Wink A little blow by isn't to bad. Check to see if it is reaching the throttle body. How many miles on the engine/turbo?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: