Pages: [1]
Author Topic: med17 mk6 2.0T Pid understanding  (Read 5504 times)
tfsikiller

« on: October 13, 2018, 04:55:14 PM »

Can someone explain to me the values in
KFIWG and KFPWG
These are not normal duty cycle numbers and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around there meaning.
I have a little over shoot and I lowered the values in the area I felt would cure this but it seems to make it worse.

Can someone shine some light on the subject?
my questions... what do the numbers in KFIWG KFPWG mean? Usually you can correlate numbers like me7= KFLDRL duty cycle table has 1-100% which I understand. Why are the numbers so small?

Thank you to anyone that has insight about these maps.

fref understanding translated to English

LDREG/CONTROL/WGCC/PI-Regler
This hierarchy contains the PI controller with the parameter maps KFPWG and KFIWG. These maps are over the engine speed nmot_w and the control deviation
dpvdk_w spanned. The I component is reset to the value 0 via the B_wgres bit if B_wg = false or the feedforward control is in controlled operation B_wgst = true or
B_regsp = true (evaluation period of steamer adaptation is active) or B_dwgstp = true (blockage of the pre-control duty cycle to 100% before compressor initialization). ยจ
The bit B_wgres can additionally be debounced via the time constant TDWGRES.

As you can see in the picture I'm using a macbook so I can't use print screen.
tfsikiller

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:20:45 AM »

Looks like I'm going to test and report back.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:24:18 PM »

As you can see in the picture I'm using a macbook so I can't use print screen.

Uh what?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »

Uh what?

yes, i only use macbook and somehow (magic!) i am able to take a screenshot. maybe i paid extra for that feature?
SAUCE118

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:52:51 PM »

one is P-gain, one is I-Gain, and one table is PID damper.  I would suggest 0ing them out and dialing in your boost via DC.  Then start with P-gian (initial ramp up gain) and then work in I-gain (over/under correction after initial P-gain)  and the damper is just how effective the whole system is.  I am still learning, but I have asked a million tuners the same question and thats what they all told me.. Hope that helps...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »

That isn't at all what P and I mean :/

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NBR

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 02:14:01 AM »

I also have a noob question about this. The one axis is LDR deviation and the lowest values in the map are on the 0 LDR deviation, which makes sense. But then the values are mirrored on each side of 0 deviation, so when the car overboosts the I value is the same as when it underboosts. Does that mean that the I value during overboost is used to reduce overboost (i.e the I value goes in the negative/opposite direction). Or am I not looking at this map correctly?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 03:53:36 PM »

Yep.

ECUx Plot

tfsikiller

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 10:13:35 AM »

That's good to know. This map now maps more sense. Thank you for the info.
ktm733

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 07:37:44 PM »

3 years late and no development on this?

{dialing in your boost via DC} I don't see any maps that relate to duty cycle like or like me7/med9 {KLFDIMX and KFLDRL}

Is this the answer?

one is P-gain, one is I-Gain, and one table is PID damper.  I would suggest 0ing them out and dialing in your boost via DC.  Then start with P-gian (initial ramp up gain) and then work in I-gain (over/under correction after initial P-gain)  and the damper is just how effective the whole system is.  I am still learning, but I have asked a million tuners the same question, and that's what they all told me.. Hope that helps...

maps I believe he is talking about...
KFDWGS
KFIWG
KFPWG
KFTDLDTVM

Let's hear some feedback!

prj

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 02:39:09 AM »

The pre-control is based on wastegate flow.
Solution is to patch the file to make a map similar to KFLDRL and to fill that.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ktm733

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 07:15:46 AM »

Yup, that's over my head. Time to suck it up and learn how to patch. Seems like the only way to get things done properly. Any guidance on what to study first? Or just go at it learning c then c++... then assembly?? Yes,  I'm a noob still 8 years later, but with engine calibration schooling under the belt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: