Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: allroad L Box 2.7t Stage 2+ Lean on WOT  (Read 7732 times)
streacy

« on: October 15, 2018, 10:01:18 AM »

Hi,

I am after flashing my allroad to Stage 2+ and having issues at WOT, previously tuned to stage 1 and ran perfectly. Turbos were upgraded (K03 hybrid K04-25/26 internals), Bosch 044, 5 bar FPR fitted and piggie pipes exhaust etc. I was under the impression stock fuelling would suffice so upgraded FPR and fuel pump would be more than required. Krkte has been calculated and changed and fuel trims are 0%, FKKVS has also been logged and changed, STFT are good. 

Please see attached csv log file and bin file if required, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 10:11:47 AM »

How do you know it is lean on WOT? Got wideband data?

Also, your logs are too short and you aren't even WOT for most of the runs. Try to get a full actual WOT run from 3000-7000 rpm

ECUxPlot filter isn't working because your "WOT" pulls show 80% (or even less) pedal.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:24:15 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 10:21:54 AM »

These are not "WOT" runs:

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 10:23:27 AM »

This is what a WOT run looks like:

ECUx Plot

streacy

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 12:09:19 PM »

From 02 sensor voltage logged I thought it looked lean (0.78). I know 02’s aren’t the best to look at for AFR. Ok will Log a WOT run, but won’t be smooth as there is a lot of misfire and bucking going on when I put the foot down. I don’t think it’s plugs or coils as it pulls fine on stock tune.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 12:19:32 PM »

From 02 sensor voltage logged I thought it looked lean (0.78). I know 02’s aren’t the best to look at for AFR. Ok will Log a WOT run, but won’t be smooth as there is a lot of misfire and bucking going on when I put the foot down. I don’t think it’s plugs or coils as it pulls fine on stock tune.

If you get heavy misfires and bucking don't do a real WOT pull, solve that first. I doubt it is fueling related.

Also, it could still easily be coils/plugs/ICMs, you're more likely to see misfires on high cyl pressures and any richer than lambda mix if your ignition is marginal.

ECUx Plot

streacy

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 03:03:29 PM »

Ok so tried a few WOT runs on way home (bit short maybe), still stutter or misfire under load. I will check plugs tomorrow but there only in less than 500 miles BKR7E and gapped to 0.028'. Is the map the issue? Converted from M box to L box by comparing maps maybe a map was left out?

Any info or guidance much appreciated, Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 03:22:38 PM »

Nothing seems amiss in that tune. Almost 100% the misfires are hardware related.

Have you logged misfires yet to narrow it to a cyl?

ECUx Plot

streacy

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 03:47:24 PM »

Yeah each cylinder is on the logs but no misfires recorded on the most recent logs but definite misfires or hesistation felt. A few misfires on first logs on cylinder 5. The only difference between the logs is the time of day warm day 13’ degrees and cool evening 4’ degrees. Would that have an effect?

Thanks for the replies by the way.
streacy

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 03:49:05 AM »

On Looking through maps, Axis from KFPED ('KFPED translates pedal position' s4 wiki) from original bin has a different axis than mine (see image). Would this have an affect? Can i change axis (cannot find map in xdf) or interpolation between values suffice?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 08:44:35 AM »

Don't touch any of that until you fix your misfires

ECUx Plot

coreyj03

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 12:05:17 PM »

whats the part number on the coils? and brand coil?, this matters
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:07:33 PM by coreyj03 » Logged
streacy

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 07:21:24 AM »

Will check plugs today and report back. Coils are Beru and part number 058 905 105

See pic
coreyj03

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 09:48:49 AM »

depending on condition of spark plugs, I would venture to say you have a weak/failing ICM.  also pressure test your intake piping ,  very common for the throttle body boot to leak at a seam under higher boost pressures and run somewhat ok on stock boost levels.  check the diverter valves for leaking while your in there
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:53:20 AM by coreyj03 » Logged
streacy

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 03:14:22 PM »

Had a look at the spark plugs (see pics of plugs 6, 3 and 1) and re gapped them smaller from 0.9mm to 0.65mm and seems to be going a whole lot better now. No more misfire at WOT, will post a log of a run tomorrow when I get a chance.

Thanks all for the advice
Very much appreciated
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: