Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Odis the favored tool to program/code used Audi modules?  (Read 4028 times)
nitrorocket

« on: October 22, 2018, 08:45:58 PM »

As I'm getting more into programming, tuning, and coding, I've outgrown some of my equipment and I'm looking to go to a factory level software like odis possibly.

I need to be able to have full dealer access to module coding, as I currently replace a lot of different modules in different cars that have failed with used units. Rosstech and Autel have there obvious limits.

If anybody has any advice or experience and what's the best set up to go with that will allow me to adapt most used modules two different cars as long as they have the same original part numbers would be helpful.

I have heard Odis can only flash a module that it deems capable, where as others can flash it no matter what.

Thank you.
H2Deetoo

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 10:23:29 PM »

For flashing I don't suggest ODIS because it checks too many things; it's too critical.
I suggest VCP because it will simply always start the flash procedure regardless.

I know you can do more with ODIS than with VCDS but don't forget most dealer stuff is done using a connection to VW server which requires a subscription.
So if you don't plan on getting such subscriptio then I guess VCDS can do about the same.
nitrorocket

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 11:03:13 PM »

I will get a subscription if needed. I had someone come in and do some coding with Odis and they had trouble getting a used module to accept a code. I used Autel and the coding worked.

Problem with Autel is that when I search its online database for module coding, it will always show 3-5 options for coding and it seems impossible to know which one to choose correctly.

Sounds like Odis and a script is the way to go?
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 02:05:24 AM »

there is no one and done solution.

you need an assortment of tools. vcds, vcp, avdi, etc. all have their pros and cons. some work with some protocols/modules, some do not. if you want to cover all applications and possibilities, you need all tools.
jochen_145

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 07:04:54 AM »

If you think ODIS is too restricting, look for ODIS Engineering..

Same base, but nearly non restrictiv and more "advanced" developper functions
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: