Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: How to: Stock ECU Launch control on ME7  (Read 146485 times)
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2015, 02:13:44 AM »

Thanks for the reply  Cool I'm not using this version anymore but I got it working without that bit yes.

bl33su

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2017, 07:27:51 PM »

so i got the launch control working... making loud bangs  Grin

but after the car sorta has a misfire.. i turn it off and turn back on, all good again..

is this due to bad spark plugs or coil pack?
KasperH

« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2017, 10:18:02 PM »

so i got the launch control working... making loud bangs  Grin

but after the car sorta has a misfire.. i turn it off and turn back on, all good again..

is this due to bad spark plugs or coil pack?

Loud bangs on a fuel cut limiter?
Either you are in the wrong thread or something is seriously wrong with your engine.
Brando47

« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2017, 09:50:17 AM »

Has anyone toyed with the idea of turning the PI controller gains under NMAXMD to zero (NMXPG, NMXPRLG, KINMXG, KINMXRLG, TNMXPR?) so that maybe there is no throttle closing on the limiter, only fuel cut? As a potentially more efficient method than turning DNMAXH down low so fuel cut just comes on overshoot and confusing the PI controller that would likely end up with some wild throttle fluctuations and not building boost ideally. I would then set DNMAXH to 0 so the limiter is equal to NMAX. Obviously all this would also apply to the NMAXOG limiter as well which is obviously less safe than having throttle cut as well as fuel cut as the factory intended, not to mention the extra stress on the valvetrain etc that fuel cut would cause over throttle cut.

Another point, this sentence in the FR under NMAXMD "If tnmxh_w expired (TNMXH) a ramp for nmax w is started. The variable nmax_w is reduced in steps of DNMAX until it reached its lower limit NMAX" implies that maybe setting DNMAX to 0 will effectively disable the timer TNMXH (or at least the implementation of the ramp down to NMAX) so that the launch control rpm can be set below cruising speeds without the detrimental risk of NMAX overriding NMAXOG after 655 seconds.

I haven't tried any of these myself yet, but I'll be sure to post any results
zamzu

« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2019, 10:49:52 AM »

Hi,

can someone please confirm that on stock file 1.8t 8E0909518M VNMX is already set to 1.25 km/h and TMOTNMX is also set to -48c ?
I was trying to play around with that "launch control" stuff, but it doesn't seem to work.
I'm pretty sure I've got other scalars right.

Is the VNMX on address: 11AC9?

And I haven't found CWNMAXMD yet (is it the same as CWDNMAX in 7551M), could someone please help?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2019, 02:56:54 PM »

Loud bangs on a fuel cut limiter?
Either you are in the wrong thread or something is seriously wrong with your engine.

This.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
zamzu

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2019, 12:28:21 AM »

I don't have any bangs or stuff like that, it drives and acts like normal, but the rev limiter (set to 3800) doesn't seem to work for some reason.
Any ideas?
zamzu

« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2019, 07:15:46 AM »

Hi again,

can NMAXVG affect on this version of "launch control" ? . I've set it to 6400 in first two rows, so it is lower than my max rpm in NMAXOG.

Thanks Smiley
VAGonallHead

« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2022, 07:25:58 AM »

So you want to launch like the cool Subaru/Evo kids? As it turns out we can! And it's pretty easy. It works like this.. ME7 has a bulit in raised rev limit function which is unused by default. We set it up so the standard rev limit (NMAX) becomes the launch rpm and the raised limit becomes the normal limiter. It's controlled by VNMX so that as long as the car is below 1.25 km/h the launch control limit is used. Above 1.25 km/h the raised limit aka the new normal limit is used.

Here are the maps I modify including their M-Box addresses

CWNMAXMD (8-bit) Codeword Drehzahlbegrenzung Set to 1

VNMX             (1157E)     The vehicle speed for activating the raised (normal) rev limit. We set this as low at it goes (1.25 km/h) so the launch control shuts off as soon as you start moving off the line.
DNMAXH         (16304)     This is the RPM above rev limit when the fuel cut comes on. Tweaking this helps make more boost on the limiter. I use 50 RPM  (Keep in mind the maximum RPM limit is NMAXOG + DNMAXH)      
ITNMXH          (16308)     Dwell time under lower limit before activating the upper limit. We set this to 0 seconds
NMAX             (1630A)     Ends up being the launch RPM. I've found 4500 RPM works well.
NMAXOG         (16312)     This is the raised RPM limit which becomes the standard limit. Mine is set at 7100 RPM
TMOTNMX       (16316)     Coolant temp for activating raised (normal) rev limit. We set this at -48 so that it can activate at any coolant temp.
TNMXH           (1631A)     This is the time duration of the raised (normal) rev limit. We set this at it's maximum value of 655.3500 seconds. I haven't had a problem yet with this and have been testing for months.

And here are the results! http://vimeo.com/14266421

Eventually the plan might be to make this into a self installing patch file like the Subaru guys use.

I just uploaded a Stock M-box with this code http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.0

Additional IMPORTANT Info!

Be aware that when using this method of launch control there is a time limit of 10.9 minutes for driving above the launch RPM. Therefore I suggest you set this appropriately high, somewhere above your normal cruising range. After 10.9 minutes the throttle shuts off until the RPM falls below the launch RPM... This is a potentially hazardous condition so please be aware and implement this code at your own risk!

Additional additional info

Thanks to k0mpresd I've learned certain ECU's need the map CWNMAXMD (8-bit) Codeword Drehzahlbegrenzung (Codeword for RPM limiter) changed from 0 to 1

-Brandon

EDIT: Correction the map is DNMAXH not DNMAX

Hi!
In my ECU CWNMAXMD (8-bit) Codeword Drehzahlbegrenzung has a value of 16. It`s really?
As far as I understand, "16" is an incorrect value for the launcher control.
Adress 116E6 is right for CWNMAXMD?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: