Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Disable kr during nls  (Read 39552 times)
gt-innovation

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 03:35:16 AM »

OK, I now have identified B_dmdstop in the code with 99.9% confidence, and it looks like the one I should use. Unless somebody convinces me otherwise...

why do you even bother with dmd? I mean it is good if you need to do things by the book but till today by writing directly to the ignition array or cuting the ignition i never had problems with Misfires. On the other hand b_kr needs to be manipulated in the most simple way. raise a flag in your lc algo and write a small part of code hijacking the bset b_kr  and bypass it when your flag is raised.

The deactivation of the misfire detection would be usefull when you make a rolling boost launch code.DMD needs to be manipulated definitely on MED9.1 as it will complain if you keep the lc active for some time.I do so but i have seen other tuners not even bothering which is funny as the random multiple misfires will come very very fast.
woj

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »

Tell you why I bother in general Wink In this thing:

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Adding_anti-lag_launch_control_and_no-lift_shift

(I did not check the bin that this link points to, but took the hex code from the description) I think there is a bug in the code. If one sets the RPMThreshold for NLS lower than the LaunchRPM for LC then LC does not work, NLS takes over with its procedure when the car is stationary and the ignition is cut at RPMThreshold and only for CutDuration. I cannot do an experiment to show this, nevertheless, the code tells me so.

Thus, unless I double check things and do stuff my way, I cannot trust anything or anyone Wink

gt-innovation

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 09:44:09 AM »

Explain to me please what does this has to do with the DMD ? Further more who said we(or i) use this code?
I specifically told you about "why" stopping the misfire detection as it is not giving any issues even when you keep the lc for 5 6 seconds active when you write directly to the "ignition Array"

I am giving you a hint but you seem to be stuck with the code that is published here....In any case stopping the misfire detection is good but kind of useless on me7.1 me7.5 as it does not complain on LC on the other hand med9 does.

if you don`t like the nls algorithm to get mixed with your lc add a vfzg > 10kmh check and you are done.

We all know the published code here has many issues but you are giving me the impression that you do no know what you are doing or searching for.

Trying to help people here is becoming harder and harder....
woj

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 10:53:20 AM »

Man, let's not start another prj-style discussion, I apologise for not expressing myself correctly (I really had tough last couple of days) and for seeming not to listen.

I am listening and thanks for helping out. You say I should not be bothered about dmd, I gave the example of the code as something that tells me I should not just accept things and opinions without question (and yes, I know how to fix it, but thanks for the hint). Including the dmd. You say no issue on ME7.1 and ME7.5, but a problem on MED9.1. I do have something in between on my plate - ME7.9.10. So before it is tested, I will not know, and since I am not the one that will test the code and I will be throwing bins between myself and another person I want to minimise overhead and be dmd-off ready just in case.

Having said all that - my very question of whether doing it through the B_dmdstop flag is the right way is technically still unanswered Wink
gt-innovation

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2018, 11:41:17 AM »

As always there are multiple ways to do it but i have not seen the code of your 7.9.10 to tell you exactly.You can either make it ignore the misfires or not detect them at all. You can also manipulate the codeword that enables the misfire detection. It shouldn`t be that hard anyway to use on of those things since you have a good understanding.

As for the PRJ-style comment well you can refer to it once you contribute as much as he does.I am not responsible for what you write and what you try to explain and if it is not clear i will just assume.BTW i am trying to tell you how i do it on some occasions when multiple people here don`t even bother replying to you so don`t get offended.
woj

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2018, 01:18:23 PM »

BTW i am trying to tell you how i do it on some occasions when multiple people here don`t even bother replying to you so don`t get offended.

I am far from being offended, and to be honest I get more feedback on this forum than I would ever expect, from you and couple of other good souls Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: