Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VR6 - Bosch 630cc 4Bar - car shaking, bad low load driveability  (Read 4351 times)
Kompiesto

« on: November 20, 2018, 01:37:05 AM »

Guys! I have very annoing problem with tune my personaly car.

I have R32 mk5 converted to turbo car. I maked WBO2 mono conversion and works well. My ecu is ME7.1.1g. Yes i know is not simple to convert ecu to undrestand boost but is a problem with injectors... i installed it before install turbo and problem is still.

I installed crankshaft from 2.8 to get low CR, Porsche 630cc injectors, 4bar FPR, stock MAF & big turbo GT35. I have normal dv valve.

What is the point? I'm struggling with my car... is shaking on low load at cruise and when i tip-in full thottle i have annoing shake before getting power... insane. Im seeing overruning problem... dumping too much fuel. Fuel dump switched off but i still get it. I think is interfering too much in cruise and little in idle.

Changing crankshaft, i changed displacement to 3.0L and KRKTE is 0.050
TVUB is from porsche file: 3.07, 1.4, 1, 0.65, 0.57. TEMIN in porsche file was 0.7 but i decided to recalculate it... TEMIN - 0.36, TEMINVA - 0.26. FKKVS calibrated with FKKVS fixer. My STFT is near 2-5%. LTFT doesnt work.. (all time zero) maybe is that because i have error from inlet flap (disconnected). Rear lambda disconnected and should be coded properly. Only one fault code from inlet flap because i dont know how code out it and because i dont have "check engine" light.

I compared injectors for spray pattern and i thing are very similar... but I tryied with WFRL, logged rlp_w and BAKL,VAKL changes. No big diffrence. Maybe after changes is worse response for gas pedal tap. I saw in log that lambda oscilate too much. In logs i see when i tap pedal that specified lambda is 1 but real going 0.89 or lower... something like rich spike and after that follow reqested. Tip-in & tip-out is too rich.

I can log anything You want by VCDS (ME7logger doesnt work with ST10 ecu, i can find var and add to vcds block) but i prefere logging one blok for more precision.

I fight too long with it. Thanks for any help.
aef

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 02:23:33 AM »

start with 1,2,31 then
so we can see lambdacorrection and lambda
does it shake in idle too?
Kompiesto

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 04:09:33 AM »

Thanks for reply aef.

I attached my old logs, done when i was driving to my work. Now i done some corrections. Logged one block in turbo mode.
-rlp_w to rpm & lambda changes
-fr_w correction to rpm & te_w

Today i will make new logs You ask for. Thanks.

MŚ.
Kompiesto

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 11:59:50 PM »

I fighted with TVUB and i get better results but still car too much dump fuel. Lowering WFRL is no good but problem is more visible... when i tap gas pedal at maybe 2500rpm, afr goes rich like 0,89 and lean condition, like 1.05<1.10. I think lean protection cause jerk/cut. It's still wall film effect problem or is lambda PID response problem? Somebody tune this injectors and can give me some help?

I wasn't done logs, was too late last day :/
Kompiesto

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »

Maybe figured what causing not ideal idle and too much fuel dumped to exhaust.... my exhaust manifloid was cracked on egt drilling place. Additionaly i see that something wrong with gasket between turbo and exhaust manifloid. Wbo reads can be affected and backpressure is not proper. I must repair this.

Wrong installation & hight temps & too much lc antilag  Grin
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 07:14:23 AM »

Maybe figured what causing not ideal idle and too much fuel dumped to exhaust.... my exhaust manifloid was cracked on egt drilling place. Additionaly i see that something wrong with gasket between turbo and exhaust manifloid. Wbo reads can be affected and backpressure is not proper. I must repair this.

Wrong installation & hight temps & too much lc antilag  Grin

What manifold do you run? I used a cheap ebay from start but.. It gives me very high backpressure and high EGT´s..  Someday i will change it.

E85oholic
Kompiesto

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 05:28:53 AM »

I think i can't go with power, more than 550hp on it. I have cheap china exhaust manifloid. EGT oscilate near 900-1000C on 5-6gear at WOT. Next thing is MAF... i get max readings. I must change MAF pipe to bigger.

Now im changing some things. EGT probe i installing after turbo, because i dont want exhaust manifloid crack again. Modified turbocharger prop. New short intake manifloid. Im going back to original air filter. Diffrent fuel system. etc.
RBPE

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 09:52:19 AM »

Why the original air filter? Not the best for high hp really given the increases in orifice dimensions you want for laminar flow unless you modify the box to suit!

I scaled your HFM for about 450hp seeing as you were running low compression with the 2.8 crank and that's a decent figure most aim for at the start when I do a basic set up for owners and you were going to sort the fuel on the dyno.

Most of the time, for example some of the BT S4 lot, use an HPX blow through type set up with high sensor flow capabilities;
http://www.pmas-maf.com/product/hpx-mass-airflow-sensor-ford-universal-tune-required/

Although the fsi ones use the usual HFM 6;
http://www.vaglinks.com/vaglinks_com/docs/ssp/VWUSA.COM_SSP_358_Hot_film_Air_Mass_Meter.pdf

the earlier ones use HFM 5 and as you can see here there are different sizes (mass flow/venturi/connections (i.e. joining pipe sizes to suit)) between models;
http://storage.fiatforum.bg/Books/General_info/MAF/Bosch%20HFM5%20Sensors.pdf

So you can always check the flow rates against other hfm's of the same line up and, as is often the case, if the ecu's that use larger/newer ones don't use the same MLHFM maps as the ME7.1.1.'s, then you can at least get a rough idea as to how to scale the map with Bosch's mass flow figures in relation to your stock MLHFM.....eventually re-scaling as needed for an NA to FI conversion in the tune for your intended boost/hp goal.

So if you want to get more power you need more flow, more flow generally means a larger orifice as air gets hot and turbulent if compressed through a tube too much, hence sacking off stock small NA based tubes for larger ones and small air filters that don't flow as much as you want when you go for high hp! Also less pulsations etc to worry about although this is negated somewhat in the tune for fuel.

Also check any connections between HFM's if using a different brand of vehicle as the wiring/connections could be a problem, like the variances here;
https://aa-boschap-uk.resource.bosch.com/media/__uk/workshop_world/ww/news_special_workshopworld_1/pdf/sms_tips_technology_2012_nr43_en_36221.pdf

So, once you get the flow rates up and change the hardware it's then onto the air/fuelling again and ecu mods but you've alrady got the scales differences on the bin I did, pulsations etc... so mod them as required and you're good to go!
Kompiesto

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 07:24:49 AM »

RBPE - > I want to have original filter box with K&N high flow air filter.

From last talk i changed alot things in file! For now i have scaled a bit FKKVS table at high timings because maf is going out. Main scale of load i done in different way. MAF have original voltage to air map.

Yes i thinked about turbulences of air causing too much overrun but erlier i dont have this problem. Maf from Focus RS 300 have very interesting construction.

I think i change size of maf pipe in my ori box and change linearization.

Recently, Im measured with rs6 (4.0L/560hp/700nm) on road and we go evenly, maybe I'm a bit faster (Im lightest).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 09:26:59 AM by Kompiesto » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: