Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to checksum correct ME7.1.1 ST10 file ?  (Read 8885 times)
hummel

« on: November 20, 2018, 02:29:47 AM »

hi gents.

After i read some different threads regarding this issue without getting a prober answer to my question I thought I would start a new thread.

I tried to do my first modified BIN file, I now Winols tells me i have a 78% original file, I should have changed parameters for DSG to manual, SAI Off, Evap Off, Cat off, Post Lambdas Off.

I know there probadly would be alot more work to be done in the ECU, but for now i think I would try to correct checksum and write to ECU again to if my changes work.

I have Winols testversion, Tunerpro 5.00 and MPPS V18 Clone. Is there any of these programs there will help me in correct checksum ? I can understand none of the checksumstools in here would work on a ME7.1.1 ST10, right?

again all thoughts a appreciated, i'm here to learn.

Hummel

aef

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 05:24:37 AM »

http://www.mtx-electronics.com/prodotti/Software:tunerpro-checksum-plugins
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 03:40:02 PM »

I'd be surprised if that plugin worked for the ST's. See attached. This should be good, but I have no way to verify right now. Make sure you have a full backup.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:00:03 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 07:10:41 PM »

the early version of winols floating around has checksums for st10 bundled

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 10:36:05 PM »

Can't get Tunerpro to recognize those plug-ins. Was hoping to compare the cs'd files. Did anyone else get that working? Copied the .dll's, along with the registration keys into the plug-ins folder, but they dont show under the help menu in Tunerpro.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:23:42 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
hummel

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 01:00:35 AM »

I read something about an early Winols could do the job (1.5?). But I couldn't find it, I guess I need to search a bit more...

MPPS V18 says something about it will calculated checksum, but I dont know if I can count on that, anyone tried it ?

vwaudiguy: When you say a full backup? What do I need to do then ? Sorry for my Noobiness...
vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 01:54:00 PM »

vwaudiguy: When you say a full backup? What do I need to do then ? Sorry for my Noobiness...

Having a way to recover in boot mode in case the checksum wasn't done correctly. Ideally you want to have a complete back up of everything unique to the ecu. The ST-10's have data stored in the processor, as well as the flash, and the eeprom. Backup all 3.

hummel

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 07:21:23 AM »

I Only have MPPS to read and Write and I read a full data via MPPS. I cannot read the EEPROM, tried already and ended up sending it out to a guy who could do IMMO off.

MPPS told me it had corrected 6 checksum files, but I'm a bit afraid to write to the ECU. could any one compare checksums on these two files?
 The Data only is the original file.
aef

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 07:24:15 AM »

Wink
hummel

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 01:35:24 AM »

Thank you aef.

Now i tried to Write to the ECU, without success  Embarrassed  I believe I now have a empty flash and when I try to write the new file I says requested time delay not met.

Do I need to bring the ECU in boot mode before I write to it ?

Anyone else have experience with MPPS V18 and/or ME7.1.1

Thanks
aef

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 02:52:16 AM »

If you are not able to write it via obd you will have to boot.

there are various threads about theses ecus, mostly mk5 r32, not save to write via obd.

try to boot it and use the generic protocols in mpps18
hummel

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 02:09:21 AM »

Success Smiley I managed to write to the ECU via OBD. I couldn't find the generic section in my MPPS V18, maybe because its a clone ? After a few attempts in boot mode and not in bootmode, it suddenly start writing and I managed to write my Modified file to the ECU.  Grin Happy days.

Until I started the car and I still had the EVAP, SAI and rear O2 sensor faults, but I could Code the software from DSG to manual with sucess, so thats good!... Okay, I studied wiki through again and I don't think I had the ESKONF part right for the EVAP, SAI and O2 sensors.

Before I try to write to my ECU again, could someone maybe check my file, at least the checksum? My goal with this is to remove the MIL ON faults, and I have completely removed both rear O2 sensors, EVAP system, SAI system, DSG gearbox.

Thanks guys!
hummel

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 07:00:45 AM »

And my file... Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: