Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any WinOLS Dummy Skype Training available?  (Read 2909 times)
Detund

« on: November 26, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »

if somebody believes that is qualified to teach some tuning basics in winols 2.24 hit me with pm!
i have also about 50 checksumm modules, A2L n Damos plugin!
any extra tools would be kindly accepted!

Intrested in calibrating motronic7 -7.5.x

Catch me up in messeges to talk more about it! $$$  Wink

IamwhoIam

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 01:42:18 AM »

get a real license then come ask for people to help you learn.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Detund

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 02:10:42 PM »

if i could. then i would also went full training mate from professionals of the field abroad instead of asking random people! think about it
adam-

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:03:09 AM »

get a real license then come ask for people to help you learn.
Aye, cause that's practical.

Here's me, wanting to learn a hobby/get into it and I have to buy a license for a product I might not even like?

Guid yin.
RBPE

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 11:16:20 AM »

Winols is only really better than free stuff online for the following reasons;

* It lays things out clearly with colour contrasts and in terms of map changes between 2 files.... things like HxD can easily direct you to differences between 2 same but modified files (F6), just doesn't look as good in it!
* It can change other maps/data, related to the map data you change better than other tools (handy if you're not au fait with the ecu structure/FS)
* It has checksum modules where other similar hex tools may not (modern flash tools, ecufix etc can sort that)
* You have a re-seller database with lots of mod files available to re-do for customers (good for pro's/lack of time)
* Less buggy than free stuff

So if you're going pro then yep, prob an awesome tool, if you're just looking at one or a few cars, learn the system, use the ols demo for the layout/educational aspects and get a flash tool with a checksum button/ecufix/learn the CRC's on the files/protocols of flashing tools that cover them etc and use any hex editor if your ecu is not compatible with the Nefmoto stuff that does a lot for most ME7 nowadays!

Or, just harass Trev, PRJ and others to do a gui/.exe that all you have to do is press a button and it cooks your breakfast, dresses you and gives you a good blow.....dry, ready for the day ahead!  Wink

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=14857.0title=

P.S. Was wondering how many of you pro coder types have looked at the ecufix source code thing and thought about it or, I assume, these things are being covered in these swiss-army types of development with the layouts of the 167/st10 mods you're doing?
https://www.ecufix.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=238
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:29:34 AM by RBPE » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: