Pages: [1]
Author Topic: M3.8.2 to M3.8.3  (Read 2317 times)
marantzvieta

« on: February 10, 2023, 08:45:28 AM »

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I tried flashing with MPPS my 018AQ AGU (M3.8.3) ecu with 558E file with filled 128kb extra memory with FF to make up for the file size difference, but of course it failed miserably hah. Flashing was ok in MPPS but after flash with my file, VCDS would not detect the ecu anymore.  After re-flashing with ori file it worked again.

How should the file be made for M3.8.2 file to work with AGU M3.8.3 ecu? I see in some files that still says the 06A part number so I have no idea what things have been done. ¿Any help with it? Beause i assume although the wiring and ecu do work, the programming inside an AGU ecu should not work, as AGU has 3Bar fpr and AEB 4Bar fpr.

Also I have read about map transfers but there is no 018AQ damos available and don't know how to transfer maps without it from AEB tune.

Hope somebody can help me! Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 12:09:49 PM by marantzvieta » Logged
marantzvieta

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 02:17:42 PM »

Well, I did a bit more tinkering today with the ecu and successfully flashed a 8D0907558M (M5.92) dump, a USA AEB ecu, into the AGU 018AQ. So I can affirm a M5.92 bin can work in a M3.8.3 ecu.

Now the trouble with the programming is solved, but I have another problem:

The 558M ecus did not have Immo function and also had a second O2 sensor behind the catalytic converter. Does somebody know how to code again the Immo into this bin file and delete the O2 sensor? File is attached for you to have a look.

I still don't know tho if it would be better to keep the 018AQ file and transfer the maps or rather stay with the M5.92 bin file. I have seen that logging options in the AGU 018AQ bin are way better, so don't know what to do from here... Any ideas or stuf you know it works? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

BlackT

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 09:38:41 PM »

I don't know what you want to achieve?
Use bin that have best definition and end of story
marantzvieta

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 12:28:41 PM »

Hi,

I want to be able to use M3.8.2 file with M3.8.3 ecu, if there is a way. If not, the M3.8.3 with best definition is 018CG but has 16x16 ignition maps, and besides this which I think I can adapt, WinOLS will not transfer maps that it considers to be original, only modified ones.

I have been trying to relate all my M3.8.2 maps to the ones in the M3.8.3 definition but it'll not allow me, and I would like to transfer the info on the 1300 maps I have cross matched between both ecus, as I don't know up to which extent there are maps I do not know they exist and are related to fueling (because of the 3bar fpr vs 4 bar fpr).

Am I not finding the correct way to do it with WinOLS or am I complicating my existance to much maybe? Hahaha  Huh Cheesy

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

I don't know what you want to achieve?
Use bin that have best definition and end of story
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 12:19:40 AM »

But why?
And that is not possible
marantzvieta

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 04:24:57 AM »

I supposed that i wasn't going to be able...

I am learning to tune my own car, which is an AEB with a non flashable ECU. To start with, I transfered maps for boost control, fuel and ignition form an AJL (180hp) to my AEB ecu (full compatible). Since then, the car has been running like a champ and it gave me a good idea of the maps needed to be modified to start learning to do a Stage 1 style tune.

And now, confident enough to start making my own changes, knowing how time consuming is to remove each time the ecu to change chips, and also knowing a socket will not withstand all the insertions and removals of a plcc chip during my learning process, as I read here in the forum that M3.8.3 was plug and play connector wise, I bought one and a good clone of MPPS to be able to flash the ecu in the car.

But of course, fueling for the M3.8.3 ecus is dialed in for 3Bar FPR and AEB is 4Bar FPR, so my common sense says I need to transfer the information from my bin to the M3.8.3, but here i am, stuck with how do I do it...

This is my story... hoping somebody can help. Thanks for your interest BlackT.

Kind regards,

But why?
And that is not possible
BlackT

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 11:41:23 AM »

Fueling is same on AGU and AEB
AGU have 3 bar fpr and bigger injectors

Borh engines at end have 244cc if I remeber
marantzvieta

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 11:43:48 AM »

I was just having a look at this same thing about the injectors, and yes, they both are working at 242cc AEB and 249cc AGU. I really believed they were the same... I'll give it a try then and see if I miss something else.

Adapting ignition maps from 16x12 to 16x16 shouldnt be a problem, right? Any advice? I am really a novice here.

Thanks for your help BlackT

Fueling is same on AGU and AEB
AGU have 3 bar fpr and bigger injectors

Borh engines at end have 244cc if I remeber
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:56:17 AM by marantzvieta » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: