Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: S3 Bam Tuning, help with log results  (Read 16320 times)
mid_mid

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2020, 03:33:04 AM »

Just thought I would bump this thread with some feedback and another question.

Everything has been running really nicely with the car, I ended up doing about 15 logging runs and map changes tweaking the ignition timing and IMX tables and was very happy with the drivability and performance in the end!

The clutch has begun slipping a bit (its 100k miles old) so I thought I would use the opportunity to upgrade to a 3in downpipe and sports cat whilst the car is in bits for the clutch replacement.

My question is, what specific areas of the map would benefit from changes when the downpipe is in?

My initial thoughts are that the ecu should be able to handle things as far as increased spool time goes. But if there is a higher flow through the exhaust system does this mean I can request more boost higher up the rev range (i am on standard engine internals) and go through the ignition tweaking process again. Or will gains be minimal enough to make it a waste of time?

Cheers
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2020, 10:51:17 AM »

I doubt any significant changes will be required.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
aef

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2020, 01:42:16 AM »

egt propably bit lower
spoolup better
maybe a bit overshooting

be careful with stock internals
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: