Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Total noob wants to get edumacated!  (Read 2171 times)
Supra661

« on: December 14, 2018, 06:46:10 AM »

Hi.

Just found this forum after doing some googling to see if I could find any way to use my VAG-COM cable to maybe just maybe learn a bit about tweaking the factory tune on my car.

I have a pretty much bone stock 2009 VW CC with the 2.0 TSI base engine. I've done some essentials on it like a deadset kit and whiteline control arm mounts (modifies camber for improved traction)... Mounts... new shocks/struts etc etc but nothing fancy. I'm on a shoestring budget and just looking to tweak it within the limits of the OEM clutch and engine internals and continue with it as daily driver.

If anyone here would like to share any specifics related to tuning the ECU for the 1st gen VW TSI (CCTA) engine (runs with Motronic MED 17.5 according to the info I've pulled from the factory repair manual)... Or alternatively can point me to the right places to go do some learning here in this forum etc... Please chime in! Would love to hear about anyone's experiences too! Especially lessons learned and what NOT to do!! Smiley

Thanks!
Blazius

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 08:14:58 AM »

Welcome!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: