Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Car won't start after successful flash and drive.  (Read 73553 times)
UrbanAssaultar

if you're not first, you're last

« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2013, 02:03:40 PM »

FINALLY!!!!  Grin

i have finally got it in to bootmode and remove the deathcode

Well done! Cheers to vdubnation for the help!
cruuz

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2015, 01:22:26 AM »

hi, I have The same problem with several ME7 1MB cars. Would like to find a solution that deactivates the checksum detection e.g. by finding the code area which sets death code bytes in EEPROM to 33H and changing it to 00H. Any hint how to access EEPROM in ME7 ecus?
br - cruuz
mister t

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2015, 07:36:32 PM »

hi

got the eeprom off, struggling with boot mode on the m7.5 ecu.

is there a proper procedure to do it, and is it ok to ground pin 24 from the negative off the battery?

this is the ecu i have

yes short this to ground battery to bootmode

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT GROUND PIN 24 TO THE BATTERY, YOU WILL FRY YOUR ECU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to ground pin 24 to the edge of the circuit board. The object is for pin 24 to have 0V for five seconds and then it will go into bootmode.

If you ground to the battery then you are giving the ECU 12V and it'll instantly fry it. Ask me how I know............
ddillenger

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »

He said battery ground.

As in, the ground post of the battery.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
adam-

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2015, 01:53:05 AM »

Yeah, you just don't know what ground is. Tongue
paulw

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2018, 10:16:20 AM »

Hi, i used the nefmoto tool and uploaded a tune, unfortunately I didn't remember to check the checksum and flashed it to the car.  I started it, took it a brief drive and it wouldn't start, I had the car recovered and found the P0601 code which has had me reading the site all day.

My understanding is that if I connect via netmofo again and reflash with the original file (downloaded from reading before any updates) or a fixed version of the tune that the P0601 would clear, is this correct?  I have reflashed as I describe, turned the key off for about 20 seconds and then subsequently left the ignition on for about an hour but the code remains.  I looked at the netmofo logs and everything looked fine.

Any help would be much appreciated as the car no longer starts and is now just an ornament.  Sad

Many thanks, Paul

Car: Ibiza 1.8T
Cable used: Blue K line cable
paulw

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »

Hi, i used the nefmoto tool and uploaded a tune, unfortunately I didn't remember to check the checksum and flashed it to the car.  I started it, took it a brief drive and it wouldn't start, I had the car recovered and found the P0601 code which has had me reading the site all day.

My understanding is that if I connect via netmofo again and reflash with the original file (downloaded from reading before any updates) or a fixed version of the tune that the P0601 would clear, is this correct?  I have reflashed as I describe, turned the key off for about 20 seconds and then subsequently left the ignition on for about an hour but the code remains.  I looked at the netmofo logs and everything looked fine.

Any help would be much appreciated as the car no longer starts and is now just an ornament.  Sad

Many thanks, Paul

Car: Ibiza 1.8T
Cable used: Blue K line cable

To add some extra info.  I used Me7Check prior to flashing and it reported the file to be ok.  However me7sum found errors when I found info about it and subsequently ran it.  The original map which I flashed back on, I have read this with me7check and logs below.

ME7Check v1.08 (c) mki, 06/2004-04/2011
Checking file C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\Orignal map2.bin (size=1048576)
Reading Version Strings...
-> Bootrom Version = 05.12
-> EPK = 39/1/ME7.5/51/X505R//24C/Dst03o/190504/
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - '0261208521'         (SSECUHN)
   - '1037371739'         (SSECUSN)
   - '06A906032RP '       (VAG part number)
   - '0010'               (VAG sw number)
   - '1.8I R4/5VT     '   (engine id)
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - 'HW_MAN004'

-> No errors found. File is OK.   *********************

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: