Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: MED9.1 - Stage 1 tune - Seat Leon 1p Cupra 2.0 TFSI 240 Hp  (Read 50472 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 07:33:36 AM »

Undecided...So according to you, I am a lost cause because I am no expert on every process involved on an ICE? I admit it is better when knowing everything involved, sure, but I thought for a basic stage 1 tune, I would not need to be an expert on front flames speed and so on for instance Wink. The more you know the better, no argue there, don't misunderstand my point.
Yes of course you need to understand flame front speed and effects of mixture on it for Stage 1. You need to understand this for ANY tuning. Even for stock tuning.
Kinda same way like you need to probably understand eyes quite well to be an eye doctor, even if it's a small incision you are making.

Also, what's the use of this forum then? It is only for combustion doctors and experts? And not for experts like you to guide the beginners motivated to learn?  Roll Eyes
I thought we came here to share, learn...
This forum is mostly about VAG ECU's. If you're screwing with an ECU it is assumed that you have some background on how an engine works.
Doing so before you understand processes within an engine is asking for trouble, because you will have no idea why things are done the way they are done + added complexity of super complicated ECU on top.

If I just posted my dyno tune for this engine that I spent days on, you would be none the wiser as to why I chose to do the things I did.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:35:38 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Garfimp

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 07:40:18 AM »

Yes of course you need to understand flame front speed and effects of mixture on it for Stage 1. You need to understand this for ANY tuning. Even for stock tuning.
Kinda same way like you need to probably understand eyes quite well to be an eye doctor, even if it's a small incision you are making.
This forum is mostly about VAG ECU's. If you're screwing with an ECU it is assumed that you have some background on how an engine works.
Doing so before you understand processes within an engine is asking for trouble, because you will have no idea why things are done the way they are done + added complexity of super complicated ECU on top.

If I just posted my dyno tune for this engine that I spent days on, you would be none the wiser as to why I chose to do the things I did.

I take your point prj, and agree with you on most of it, but I have a little background on how an engine works, just maybe not enough, and very little compared to you. I will try to take some time on my old combustion class book to refresh and improve my knowledge on ICE. Smiley
However, if you can help me with the questions I asked on your feedback on my tune, that would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:45:51 AM by Garfimp » Logged
Kacza

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 12:30:01 PM »

Most tunings by professional tuners look similar to the changes in Garfimp.
And even much worse.
Therefore, I do not understand how someone on the forum pretends to be very smart, but he has nothing to add ...
And pro tuners send shit and they take big money for it !!!!!!!!!
Garfimp

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 05:35:32 AM »

Hi guys ! Happy new year !! Cheesy

So some news on my “project”, I had some time to flash some first tunes and test them on my car during my holidays! It has been working quite properly so far, the car is already much more reactive.

However I am having issues with the requested boost (plsol)… From 5500/6000 rpm and on, my requested boost is dropping and not following the requested load (rlsol) anymore, so I guess something is capping it down but I haven’t figured out what yet.

First, in my logs I checked that my requested load wasn’t capped, and it is not, the rlsol is requesting 180 load, and following my LDRXN values. However the actual load is dropping.. when the requested boost is too.
So I tried to figure this out… if I am not mistaken if the requested boost is too low, then actual one is of course too low too, then maf is too low, then actual load is too low also… as a simplified process I am imagining something like :  Requested boost > Actual boost > Actual maf > Actual load  
Therefore I would like to have plsol following rlsol, but I haven’t found a clear answer so far on what map/parameter I should be looking for in order to make plsol follow rlsol?
I have been looking in the forum, wiki etc but maybe missed an obvious answer !
The IAT should no be involved at this time of the year with the very cold temperatures we have I guess..
Also my LDPBN and KFLDHBN are tuned so that they don't interfere with requested boost too.

Can someone please point me to the right direction ? Smiley

Thanks !
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 01:08:48 AM by Garfimp » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 10:23:06 AM »

A log would be nice.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Garfimp

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 01:05:58 AM »

A log would be nice.

Here the log I did, if needed in .csv I can add them when at home.  Wink
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »

yes. Screen shots are utterly useless.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Kina

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 04:19:14 PM »

Nice to see people sharing their stuff.
I just came back to this so to say hobby, bought myself the tools needed for flashing MED9.1. I did ME7 two years ago on my GTI but had to give it up due to work. Coming back to MED9.1 on my 'new' mk5 gti leaves me with a lot of questions (don't worry I am a silent reader) and A LOT of stuff to learn. I will try to contribute as much as I can but I just started all over couple of days ago. Keep up the practice!
Garfimp

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 04:58:34 AM »

yes. Screen shots are utterly useless.

Here the logs in .csv format Wink

I still didn't figure out how to make plsol follow rlsol in high rpm... any help or tip would be really appreciated Smiley
Kacza

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 08:29:52 AM »

What fuel does the car drive?
Garfimp

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 08:34:26 AM »

What fuel does the car drive?

98 octane unleaded petrol (France)
Garfimp

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 07:02:46 AM »

Here is a graph I did with the .csv logs (posted in previous posts) to compare specified load to specified boost

So in red I circled the area on which you can see the requested boost (yellow color) not following anymore the requested load (brown line) and dropping a bit too much... I would like the requested boost to follow requested load but can't find out how... I guess either a map is limiting at high rpm, or the engine ran into high calculated egt or knock and pulled down the requested values... but can't find how to avoid this, any help? Smiley

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:10:12 AM by Garfimp » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 09:23:54 AM »

Here is a graph I did with the .csv logs (posted in previous posts) to compare specified load to specified boost

Except that you didnt' bother to look at actual boost.

ECUx Plot

Kacza

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »

You have knocking burning.
Garfimp

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2019, 10:03:32 AM »

You have knocking burning.

Hi, thanks, but Can you elaborate ? before this area I have delay too, but doesn't seem to make boost/load lower..? Smiley

Except that you didnt' bother to look at actual boost.

Yes I did, but didn't post the graph, here it is with actual load to see the correlation between actual boost and actual load, in orange "actual boost"...but don't know how that helps? I am interested in raising my requested boost (in blue) at high rpm which is dropping at the moment, to follow load as planned in LDRXN, any ideas? Smiley
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:08:56 AM by Garfimp » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: