Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Noob question about creating definition file  (Read 2002 times)
RicarGli

« on: December 24, 2018, 04:42:08 PM »

I've been doing some reading about creating an .xdf file and was using this video as a guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKSe1fPbTlA). I have an 01 New Beetle 1.8t (AWV), I'm using the ori file that I found here (06A906032FD_AWV_ORI) and I'm using an .xdf file from 06A906032HS as reference. The question I have is, in order to create my .xdf file, since I'm planning to do a stage 1, do I need to match each of the maps' hex address in the file? or do I just match hex addresses of the maps that will be changed for a stage 1 tune? I've seen in the community thread that these are the maps that need to be changed for a stage 1 tune:

LAMFA
LDRXN
KMFIOP
KFMIRL
KFZW/KFZW2

I've attached the files I've been tinkering
Blazius

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »

I dont quite understand what you are asking... an XDF is basically and xml file to match the bin adresses in a proper format as I understand it atleast.
You can load basically any xdf with any bin , and if you gonna open the maps its still going to show  binary stuff, but obviously they are going to be wrong data.

So you correct the maps(adresses) that you gonna be using for your tune and thats it.

Essentially what you are asking  I guess, is that is it going to affect the bin saving by having adresses wrong within the xdf, and some of them are right, and the answer to that is no, I am pretty sure.

If I am wrong someone correct me I am just trying to help with my limited experience Smiley
RicarGli

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »

I knew it was gonna be hard to understand, lol. But you got it, that is what I needed to know, thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: