Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Seat Ibiza 6K GP01 Cluster Swap  (Read 2240 times)
Detund

« on: December 28, 2018, 02:29:44 PM »

i havent opened the cluster yet even thou i have removed o lot of these, mostly for internal heater replacement,
so, as im cutting into, a cusine of mine wants to replace the cluster but when he tried to the immo (emo) Tongue  light doesnt shut and the car wont
start, to the chest, i offered him to do this job as am starting to getting experience with this,
at first i thought to swap the eeprom chips but ive been told from not trustfull saurces that this cluster doest have an eeprom
the second was to read eeprom from one cluster and write it to another witch is goind to be done with the CARPROG programmer!

what is you opinion about this and what would you do?
any experiece? anyone?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 09:22:22 AM by Detund » Logged
Detund

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 09:46:16 AM »

Update:

chip swap worked like a charm, clusters where the same HW and SW number where thesame so it worked! bad thing is the KLM/H analog indicator needle whitch had to be removed in order to desolder the eeprom does not work now! whole cluster respond on vcds output tests in intruments except the klm/h needle! :/  Cry Cry Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: