Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Introduction Questions...  (Read 2619 times)
beepee1234

« on: January 10, 2019, 06:33:01 AM »

Hello everyone, just registered to the forum. Want to learn a lot more into the tuning world, done a lot of of reading etc prior.
any advice would be very appreciated how people have started out to educate themselves etc...

currently drive a polo gti around 250bhp which has been mapped by a very reputable tuner.
My questions are if i was to try and learn a bit more practically would i be able to read the map which has been put on my car without doing any damage? or just worth leaving it alot
i was also considering buying a replacement car such as an older s3 to try and have a play with..

Another option is trying to build some for of a bench reader if people have done this, if thats the case would i be able to read and write maps using this software(with a hell of a lot more knowledge obviously)

thankkkssss
aef

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 06:36:50 AM »

Hi,

start by reading here
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?board=49.0
and here
http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

buy a vcds and or dumb cable and figure out what part number your ecu has.

obd reading will not damage your ecu

beepee1234

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 06:42:21 AM »

okay thanks a lot, i will have a good read.

its a bjx ecu but not sure the part no.

ah yeah i understand that just thinking if i start from scratch i can learn by doing if you know what i mean rather than just reading a map thats already been done other than for educational purposes, i have a cable not sure if its compatible though.
does this software allow people to write maps or is it more for reading and flashing etc?

Risky

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 11:28:05 AM »

i have a cable not sure if its compatible though.
does this software allow people to write maps or is it more for reading and flashing etc?

What cable do you have? Nefmoto for read/write over obd, galletto for bootmode write/read, winols to find/edit maps, tunerpro to edit maps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: