Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kp or Ols for 8D0907551K 0261207001 360387  (Read 19763 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 09:03:48 AM »

I think it is probably worth trying to find all the maps.

Why not give it a shot?

I did it by hand for the M box Smiley

If I have time I will start on it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 01:42:57 AM »

Last I checked, the M-box definition available on your SVN was very far from "all the maps".
That'd take a ridiculous amount of time to do by hand (4000+ maps/constants).

It's not hard at all to find everything that is needed to tune, at least for me... it's just tedious.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 09:31:07 AM »

I mean for "all the maps I need", not literally, "all the maps", which IMO, would be pointless.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »

Oh, I agree...
But there is so much that can be automated.

I played around with some algorithms, and I am getting pretty good results with just binary analysis.
An amalgamation of my map pack parser and XDF generator.

Obviously some things will have to be done by hand, but I should get a pretty good file by just feeding it existing things.

The algorithm searches for all the maps with the exact same contents within a 50kb offset, with some limits (minimum map size).
After that, it takes each match, and sees how many bytes in front and behind it match as well (outside of the current map area).
It then chooses the map with the largest matching region, which pretty confidently is the correct thing.

Once you have a few key maps, you can then do the same region extending technique, but lift the minimum map size limit, thus getting lots and lots of things.
There's a few quirks I have to sort out, such as locating axes, but other than that I'm almost done.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:14:16 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
gregsback

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 12:22:10 PM »

Hi guys,
I saw that flashing the K-ECU with an F SW would break the ECU. Is this true? does anybody have experience with this? And what happens exactly? completely dead and no way back?
It seems that I have this problem, but I would like to know if this fit's to anybody's experience.
many Thanks in advance
Greg
prj

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 01:30:21 AM »

Hi guys,
I saw that flashing the K-ECU with an F SW would break the ECU. Is this true? does anybody have experience with this? And what happens exactly? completely dead and no way back?
It seems that I have this problem, but I would like to know if this fit's to anybody's experience.
many Thanks in advance
Greg

Just flash with 551K in boot mode. 551F and 551K are incompatible between each other indeed...

Log your car properly.
gregsback

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 02:24:20 AM »

Hi,
the prob is, that I can not get the ECU into boot mode again. Seems to be dead...
Are there other options to check the ecu if it is really defect? Or might it be that the ecu is locked...?
prj

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 03:06:56 PM »

You should be able to get it into boot mode regardless of what is flashed onto that chip.

You could flash complete crap onto that chip, and you'll still get it into boot mode.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: