Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: VW Golf/Jetta/Bora - NA spec - 1.8T AWP 180hp - 06A906032RN  (Read 19560 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« on: February 20, 2012, 01:05:29 PM »

Smiley

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Gonzo

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:20:10 AM »

This SW only comes on the 6spd GLI afaik.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:43:20 PM »

yup

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Gonzo

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »

yup
Just thought I should clarify...
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:58:26 PM »

Just thought I should clarify...

for sure... I didn't think to post it just because of the detailed ECU number/revision info..

marcello7x

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »

What is different in the GLI tuning? I understand its a 6sp, but what do they change? Not looking for exact maps, just a general idea.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »

not really sure... while the maps are moved around, most of the important ones are identical to other 180HP cars

Gonzo

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »

Same power output pretty much.
TheCream

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 06:53:02 PM »

Is it possible to flash this over a 5-speed GTI ecu? "LP"Huh I am running out of patience on my GLI(limp mode sucks) and I don't want to flash over the ecu (RN) that's in the car, as it has a tune(APR/REVO) and I plan on taking to a dealer to see if they can reflash it for me(Programming Not Finished code from reading with NEFMoto).

I have 2 of the 06A906032LP ecu's laying around from when I owned an '04 GTI.
k0mpresd

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »

you try to copy their file then want them to warranty it and fix it? lol.
Carsinc

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 09:16:48 PM »

I knew it would be you...

I had the same thought, he said revo/apr so he did not purchase from them, if he was ori
purchaser I would say they should help him. In this case i think its time to buy a tune buddy,
if this is apr they may do it. If it revo you are up the creek if not the ori purchaser.

Or since this site is all about diy, what do you say we find a ori of your part number up
here and you learn to tune. its not hard to compare to the 8 year old file you had on that ecu
TheCream

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 06:22:24 PM »

I am planning on going Frankenturbo and I was going to go with the Maestro 7 Tuning Suite as part of the package.
I just want my car to run right right now. limp mode chews up gas and is slower than Grandma on a Sunday.

I have ordered some ecu pigtails off of ebay and an extra obd2 connector, so I can make a bench test cable. I've been reading up and I'm kind of stumped on entering bootmode. I've seen people post, oh I can't get boot mode to work, and I've noticed in the tutorials, the instructions are somewhat bland. A picture of the bench test cable is there, but do you connect to a battery? The picture doesn't show the entire cable. I've seen a picture of an ecu and they are grounding out a pin on the mem chip, not the ecu pinout, so that is confusing. I don't understand with all the technology, someone doesn't upload a video. I've modded a lot of Xbox's and controllers, but only from watching videos and how-to's. I'm a hands on kind of learner, so if I can't watch the process, it takes a me longer to process.

Just me.

And I didn't intentionally try to copy their file. I attempted to read my ecu, completely forgetting my car was tuned. The thought never crossed my mind that just reading some I's and O's would cause a programming error. Reading should never constitute a Write, so i'm baffled by this.

Also, I came here and asked a question. I didn't ask to get criticized by multiple people over my mistake. I just would like a straightforward answer. What the f*** is wrong with the world today?
TheCream

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 06:26:09 PM »

So back to the question. Can I or can I not flash a stock 'rn' file over an 'lp' ecu? Simple question, only requires a 'yes' or a 'no'.

The RN is 6-speed, the LP is 5-speed. Software dictates the differences per shift, correct?

Thank you.
Carsinc

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 08:14:06 PM »

You can do anything you want.
On a side note, i did say you should look for another file up here.
Like the same part number you have. But the HS/HN is kinda the
5spd go to up here. One of the members was even nice enough to
post a tuned version that he made. 
vwaudiguy

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 09:38:53 PM »

So back to the question. Can I or can I not flash a stock 'rn' file over an 'lp' ecu? Simple question, only requires a 'yes' or a 'no'.

The RN is 6-speed, the LP is 5-speed. Software dictates the differences per shift, correct?

Thank you.

Make a backup of your ecu and just try it. I'd like to know. I'm here to learn.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:43:16 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: