Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: ME 7.5/MED9 turbo PID enable  (Read 17332 times)
kacperoooni

« on: January 30, 2019, 01:11:15 PM »

Hi,

I've been searching a topic about adding boost control to naturally aspirated engine based on me 7.5 or MED9 ecu, but I couldn't find any answer. I know it is possible, are there any switches to enable thing like this?
daniel2345

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:39:44 PM »

That is not possible via simple switch or populating maps.

These code and map structures for anything boost related are not compiled into the software if it is an NA Engine Project.
They are simply not there in Bosch ME7/ME9 approaches.

It might be possible to have a simple boost control using some patched in assembler code.
But usually a turbo based software is used which matches the ECU and engine calibration needs to be completely adapted to engine / charge system.
kacperoooni

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 01:56:47 PM »

Thanks for answer, so You say that if turbocharger is added to NA engine there is a need of using piggyback ecu?
daniel2345

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 02:24:44 PM »

That can be a possible approach.

You could also use an external boost controller and remap current ecu calibration.

I would search for a ecu/software which is close to your engine but is turbocharged, so it has boost control and then remap it.

It might be a good idea to tell what you want to do in detail, car, engine, year.
Then others might be able to point you in the right direction.
gman86

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 02:50:10 PM »

Why not run an ME7 or MED9 from a boosted car? A couple of hours with some wiring tweaks will be infinitely more successful than dicking about with rudimentary code patches.
kacperoooni

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 07:55:14 AM »

Thanks guys for tips, I'm thinking about adding soft turbo to R32 a3 8p, as far as I know It is still ME7. The only engine that I know is 2.7bt that has also 6 cylinders but how about firing order? Is it only about the wiring?
daniel2345

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »

That has been discussed widley.

I think the best solution for R32 is boost controller and remap existing ecu.
Done this myself twice on the ME7, achieved 750 Hp with GT4094 at 2,2 Bar on ME7.

For the other car we switched to standalone ecu (Link) at probably 500 Hp.

2.7t is too far away, but thats only my guess.
Blazius

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 11:12:27 AM »

hey, I am doing a na to turbo conversion with me7.5 ECU.

So my ECU soft currently does not have any boost control or cylinder charge etc maps either. So you got 2 choices as Marty said. One is to underscale the MAF , second is to disable torque calculation bollocks and make the car behave like a DBC via CWMDAPP.

I'll be doing the latter too.

Boost control probably will be done with mbc in later stages, for now I am running internal WG with 8 psi spring. I got everything ready but weather is meh but I am currently doing intercooler piping and mount. I'd say I'll be done in february depending on weather , time and mood Smiley
prj

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 01:26:38 AM »

That has been discussed widley.

I think the best solution for R32 is boost controller and remap existing ecu.
It's not the "best" solution. It's a shit solution by people who don't know better and results in screwed up part throttle.

I have boost control on VR6 and VR5 ME7.
Another thing that needs solving is throttle control - with no information about pvdk, there can't be correct throttle control.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
daniel2345

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 01:50:33 AM »

Hehe, yes. Thatswhy i wrote in my opinion. Wink

But sure, "best" might be the wrong choice of wording here.
Maybe "fastest to goal" solution.

BTW: those cars i mentioned are for drag race, part throttle is not an issue. Smiley

For a street car i would prefer using ecu with software structure for charged engine.
As said, 2.7t might be a good base, but thats only a guess since im dealing little with VAG.
prj

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 01:59:48 AM »

Hehe, yes. Thatswhy i wrote in my opinion. Wink

But sure, "best" might be the wrong choice of wording here.
Maybe "fastest to goal" solution.

BTW: those cars i mentioned are for drag race, part throttle is not an issue. Smiley
If it's used for dragracing then only proper solution is to fit standalone ECU, rather than try to make stock ECU do what it isn't supposed to do.
For a street car i would prefer using ecu with software structure for charged engine.
As said, 2.7t might be a good base, but thats only a guess since im dealing little with VAG.
A V6 ECU will never run a VR6 engine, this is a ridiculous statement.
V6 has four camshafts and on-off NWS on intake, VR6 has two camshafts and continuous NWS on intake and exhaust for starters, never mind different number of hall sensors and so on.
Even if you don't know much about VAG, statements like this make me smh...

Log your car properly.
daniel2345

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 04:50:04 AM »

If it's used for dragracing then only proper solution is to fit standalone ECU, rather than try to make stock ECU do what it isn't supposed to do.

Well, then that's your opinion. I have no problem with that but totally disagree Smiley

The car in question had a DSG fitted, so standalone was no option.
It was fast and made fun, i was not missing a standalone at all. Nor was it needed to achieve the planed goals.

The other car had the standalone you mentioned, as i wrote.

Regarding your VR6/V6 Statement. You know the meaning of 'might be' and 'guess', do you? Wink

Totaly agree, that the rest does not match well.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:03:05 AM by daniel2345 » Logged
prj

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 06:06:55 AM »

Regarding your VR6/V6 Statement. You know the meaning of 'might be' and 'guess', do you? Wink
I have no problem with "might be" and "guess", but you said you are guessing because you are "dealing little with VAG".

VAG has nothing to do with it. You don't know the difference in the architecture of an inline and a V engine.
The fundamental difference of the number of camshafts and the associated difference in sensors in OEM engine control. This is what I called you out on, because I think it's pretty sad.

Log your car properly.
daniel2345

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 08:03:09 AM »

Thanks for explaining your words. I appreciate that.
You can be very sure that i know these differences exactly Wink

The VR6 Engine is something special when dealing with inline and classic v engines usually.
I only had to do with it at the two mentioned private projects and it lies some years in the past.

So above, you are absolutely right, i didn't thought well before i made the misstake to adopt the thread authors suggestion. My bad Smiley

Now i can even accept calling it ridiculous Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:12:00 AM by daniel2345 » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 08:59:59 AM »

A v6 ecu will not a vr6 out from the box. But thing is with Motronic 7.5 , that its very modular , if you can get it reflashed with an inline software , you could make it work, but why not start with an 1.8t or so me7.5 then. An 1.8t ME7.5 ecu CAN be made to run vr6, you will have to adjust a boatload of maps , some custom wiring etc. Infact somebody made it run , i remember reading about it or something.

Honestly if you want it running get an ECUmaster DET3 piggyback and run it in fuel implant ( semi standalone mode) , read bout it its very good. If you want a cheap good standalone check out EasyECU about 400 euros or so.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: