Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2003 allroad with diesel holset turbo 400-420hp goal.  (Read 863 times)
boostaddict1989

« on: February 03, 2019, 02:10:09 AM »

Was rebuilding 2001 S4 top end and doing single turbo when my workspace caught fire destroying my new built heads. Found  half decent shell of an 03 all road at a parts yard for about a grand. Bel heads are being refurbished and ferrea valves installed. My S4 apb block only had 140xxx on in with good compression. Metal Waterpump/timing belt kit. Valve springs still up to factory spec and I'm not really needing to wind it any higher than stock. Electric fan/radiator fan delete. Wideband and boost gauges. Stage 4 sprung full face kevlar clutch from California clutch. Steel single mass flywheel. S4 manual drivetrain swap. Trying to decide on blow through or draw through maf. Ev14 650cc? They are angled the same direction as factory injectors but have 6 holes instead of 2.. they are extended tip nozzle. R8 red coils. Copper plugs. Was gonna do a walbro in line booster fuel pump as I'm only running a 2.7 bar pfr. 21mm rear sway bar and supporting subframe mods might incorperate a spoiler tower that attatches to the framerail @ bumper moints and the subframe. Exhaust should be straight 3" to dual 2.25 no cats and a single muffler on each end. I went with a slightly wider tire than stock which is also slightly larger in diameter. My thoughts are that the S4 01e first gear is almost pointlessly tall on the S4. So with the slightly heavier car and tires rotation mass and longer "rollout" that first gear may balance out to be more practical or slightly taller but still have that aggressive pull as well as lower cruising rpms at 70mph in 6th for fuel mileage. I never do full launches. I believe the holset turbo is either an he35 or hy35. It was from a diesel v8 pickup. And has an internal wastegate and a t3 flange. I rebuilt it and had it balanced. photos and more details tomorrow at some point. Was just beginning a build log and opening up a channel for ideas or suggestions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: