Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AFR at WOT 1.8t AUM  (Read 6430 times)
kacperoooni

« on: February 03, 2019, 11:19:57 PM »

HI guys,

I'm owner of a3 8l 1.8t aum, I've installed FMIC, saab injectors 0280156023 and de-catted it by placing only tube instead. During incomming 2 weeks I'll install TIP. I have k03-052. The question is about the AFR at wot. My afr at wot comes even to 10.4(lambda 0.71). Isn't it a bit to low? Should I increase it to 12? This is stock fueling. I'm afraid about the EGT but I think You guys are more experienced than me. My boost is about 0.8-0.9bar(11.6psi) at 5,5krpm to the end. THanks in advance.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 11:35:00 PM »

.71 is overly rich in most cases. What octane fuel?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 11:45:36 PM »

EGT, CTS

Log, don't guess.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
kacperoooni

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:19:34 AM »

Thanks for replies, guys. Fuel is Pb95. I don't have egt sensor neither internal nor external. That's why I'm asking you Smiley
untilnow

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 01:34:00 AM »

On K03(s) EGTs are calculated, that 0.7 sounds like BTS fueling.

Get me7logger and start logging, its the only way to do it right.
kacperoooni

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 01:43:31 AM »

Yes, it's BTS fueling, but I still don't understand what should I log if I don't have EGT sensor. Calculated EGT? If yes, could You tell me what function is it?
untilnow

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 01:54:29 AM »

Yes, it's BTS fueling, but I still don't understand what should I log if I don't have EGT sensor. Calculated EGT? If yes, could You tell me what function is it?

tabgbts_w
kacperoooni

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 02:03:09 AM »

I thought so, thanks.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 09:56:57 AM »

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#LAMBTS

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Exhaust_gas_temperature

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
kacperoooni

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 10:45:35 AM »

Thanks nyet, I've already read it but I didn't really belive this calculations, because of mods installed. Does tabgbts_w is that accurate that I can rely on it's EGT?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 10:57:33 AM »

Thanks nyet, I've already read it but I didn't really belive this calculations, because of mods installed. Does tabgbts_w is that accurate that I can rely on it's EGT?

Nope. You can't. If you've made a lot of changes, the modeled EGT is likely completely off.

ECUx Plot

kacperoooni

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 11:34:53 AM »

Any way to make it reading right? Is it even worth? I read about ATM but understand nothing. I've removed rear o2 too - so it only makes things worse. Or should I only correct KFLBTS?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 11:37:39 AM »

Any way to make it reading right? Is it even worth? I read about ATM but understand nothing. I've removed rear o2 too - so it only makes things worse. Or should I only correct KFLBTS?

Meh. What does "right" mean anyway? If you're using BTS to do custom fueling, or you are running much higher loads than stock, you'll have to run a bunch of logs and tweak anyway, even if calc EGTs were "accurate".

It's just a number Smiley

I'm sure prj will argue, but unless things are really way off, you're best off not fretting overly about tuning the EGT model itself. Just my opinion though.

ECUx Plot

kacperoooni

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 12:13:55 PM »

Uhm, I mean the remap is almost finished, the only thing I have to do is set correct fuelling from 4k rpm to the end and tweak ignition a little. I'm using KFLBTS to do the fueling job as it seems to be active all the time - surely because of wrong tabgbts_w. As I understand I should tweak lambts to fuelling and don't worry about the modeled egt?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 02:16:27 PM »

Uhm, I mean the remap is almost finished, the only thing I have to do is set correct fuelling from 4k rpm to the end and tweak ignition a little. I'm using KFLBTS to do the fueling job as it seems to be active all the time - surely because of wrong tabgbts_w. As I understand I should tweak lambts to fuelling and don't worry about the modeled egt?

Even if your modeled EGT was perfect, stock BTS dumps fuel like a mofo at elevated boost. It is crazy conservative (at least the stock 2.7t is)... you're looking at 9 AFRs for really no good reason, imo.

You're going to want to numb BTS regardless, and probably use it to do any high boost/rpm fueling anyway, which means you WANT it always active. You certainly don't want 14.7 through redline. It's either that, LAMFA, or KR based fueling (or a combination of all three if you are feeling frisky)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 02:18:02 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: