Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KLAF for big throttle/big turbo?  (Read 2457 times)
BoobieTrap

« on: February 05, 2019, 05:31:03 AM »

I can't get my head around KLAF. It doesn't seem to be mentioned much, with a few exceptions where it is recommended that it is tuned for different throttles and/or big turbo setups?
I have looked at the FR and looked through any mention of KLAF on this site but it still doesn't make sense to me.

As far as I understand, it calculates a factor based on the target intake manifold pressure ratio. This factor is then multiplied by the target airmass to give normalized air mass that is used to set the throttle angle.
The table in most of the defined files I found start with target pressure ratio at 0.5 where the output is 1, and the target pressure ratio increases to 1, where the factor decreases to ~0.05. If this is some density correction, then this seems to be backward, as reducing pressure ratio should also decrease the density.
Maybe I am missing something really basic but I have spent a while looking at this and it still doesn't ring any bells.
What is the point of KLAF and how do you tune it?
prj

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 07:12:11 AM »

I mean, if you can tune physics, you're really next level and I envy you.

From what I know the speed of sound remains pretty much the same value regardless of what turbo or throttle is on a car, and unless you found a way to somehow change the speed of sound, you don't need to touch this map.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:14:16 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
BoobieTrap

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 07:21:10 AM »

haha yeah, after all I think whenever this map was mentioned, it was being confused with some other map, like KFWDKMSN.
I ended up looking at an RS4 file and the values were identical to the 1.8T so I figured it doesn't need to be touched.
Thanks for confirming anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: