Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New to Nefmoto/forums, so hey!  (Read 1792 times)
audimike

« on: February 07, 2019, 11:47:10 PM »

Name's Mike.  I'm a little older, like know how to rebuild a carb and re-curve a distributor old, so please take it easy on me as I'm not the most computer literate person but I can get around. 

I have 01 Allroad 6mt, 04 Touareg v6, and 2- 01 Audi TT 225s.  I found/joined this forum after paying for a stg 2 tune for the Allroad only to have it not work well, and the tuner not offering a reflash or  refund.   So I decided to take it into my own hands.  I don't know anything computer wise, except for the basics and sometimes I struggle with those.  But that being said, after reading probably nearly half of the entire tuning, flashing, and immo threads I have been able to load the community stg 2 tune for the 2.7t into my car and it works a treat. 
I spent probably half my time with the cmd/checksum stuff.   That and I still can't get my Galleto cable to work like it should so I can turn off the immo in my spare Audi TT ecu.  Angry

What I will be working on is getting my Allroad and 1 of the TTs setup to run E85.   The Allroad is my "nearly daily" and the TT is the toy. 
I would like to see just how far I can push the stock ecu's capability on both cars.  I have moderate experience with E85 and I have found if the tune is good, an otherwise stock engine can make more than enough power for daily use/fun.  I am going to be using as many standard parts as possible.  Stock airbox, turbos, sensors, and rear mufflers.  Allroad has stock intercoolers, TT has fmic.  Both have downpipes. 

Once I get the fueling sorted for the larger injectors, I will start posting up progress bins.  Timing on boost is where the magic happens on E85, so that's probably going to take some time to get really sorted.  I can already see the "load" stuff is where I'm going to get lost. 

Anyway, again Hey!  I might not post very often right now, but I'm working on it and trying to find the time to be social!
And a big, BIG thanks to everyone who has contributed/advanced the Nefmoto stuff.  I think it's just amazing that we can communicate with the ecu and tell it to do what WE want it to do, and not what ol' Alfred and Wilhelm had put in there. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: