Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Curious about a flag inside my a2l (BMW ME7.2)  (Read 2706 times)
zarboz

« on: February 04, 2019, 12:53:42 PM »

When working on matching up A2L offsets with my original bin file for my 2000 E39 540i ME7.2

I noticed that there is a flag in the A2L called _TURBO

It of course is set to 0 currently my A2L declares this offset at 813f13 bin shows it at 13f13. Motor is a NA motor so this would be valid.... can my DME support turbo using gear actuated or throttle request based boost?

I have been reading another post that outlines Audi ME's that came from an NA car going into a boosted car having boost control and how the DME's software must be programmed for Turbo/NA applications at time of leaving factory. Rather than flipping some hex offsets to make NA->Turbo

When I am looking at the BMW style dumps I see some following hex that denotes the Cylinder assignment to injection banks following (SY_ZYLZA) 

I know I ramble sometimes in my posts and I don't mean to clutter the forums. My underlying inquiry (Which I could probably figure out) Does the ME7.1 for Audi have a location to denote whether there is a Turbo?

My Function sheet declares that the DME supposedly can handle a engine with turbo charge which also interacts

SY_TURBO: Engine with or without turbo-charger it ties into or calculates with ZYLZA

If I toggle this from 00>01 how can I test the output/readings  feedback in order to see what this change has made. The function sheet doesnt go into much depth about the turbo setting just what other settings it interacts with specifically the ZYLZA
prj

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:32:43 PM »

System constants are compile time.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
zarboz

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 02:43:13 PM »

This constant is declared in the 80000 range which leads me to believe its editable or am I mistaken ?

I understand C and how constants declared outside of the compile work but ASM is a new thing to wrap my head around I haven't looked at it since doing android kernel stuff

//edit nevermind I see what you mean i THINK

SY_**** are system constants declared
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: