Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Actually tuning after disabling CWMDAPP after NA > turbo conversion  (Read 20601 times)
Kompiesto

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 06:20:55 AM »

CWMDAPP to 0 is very bad solution.

If You have "little money" dont modify your car. The simplest best solution is install ecu from 1.8T. 

I converted golf r32 (r30t) to FI but is alot of problems to solve, if You will use car in normal life. Still i have small, for me, little annoing jerks from injectors, but is not a problem, the problem is time to sort this (spray pattern problem). For load the simplest way is rescale load using MAF+fuel correction. If You switch off load control You will have alot problems, and car will have on-off driving. I dont know how will be works air patch control. For bigger loads can be problem with MAF diameter and You will be must do patch software to more than 100% of load. If You patch load You must edit axes. Converting NA to FI on stock ecu is hard thing in my opinion, and my r32 was need ASM changes.

MŚ.
Blazius

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 06:36:58 AM »

CWMDAPP to 0 is very bad solution.

If You have "little money" dont modify your car. The simplest best solution is install ecu from 1.8T.  

I converted golf r32 (r30t) to FI but is alot of problems to solve, if You will use car in normal life. Still i have small, for me, little annoing jerks from injectors, but is not a problem, the problem is time to sort this (spray pattern problem). For load the simplest way is rescale load using MAF+fuel correction. If You switch off load control You will have alot problems, and car will have on-off driving. I dont know how will be works air patch control. For bigger loads can be problem with MAF diameter and You will be must do patch software to more than 100% of load. If You patch load You must edit axes. Converting NA to FI on stock ecu is hard thing in my opinion, and my r32 was need ASM changes.

MŚ.

We'll see if I cant make it work I'll switch.

Also CWMDAPP is 0 by default, setting it to 1(01) in Hex only toggles the rightmost bit 00000001 which is zwappl , which just disables ignition torque intervention but not make throttle 1:1 according to the FR

or am i reading this wrong.

at the min it looks like it needs 00000111 to disable torque functions fully and make throttle 1:1  Undecided
yxx499

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2019, 08:48:22 AM »

You don`t know how ECU works, what are it`s calculation from first start of engine to the end of it.

You just think if hit 3-5 maps will work ok, CWMDAPP will never give a real help in your project, but PRJ for sure will!

If you doesn`t know, you talk with some guys that studied Motronic (and not only) for more than 10 years and they gived you the best solution.

If you were unable to buy an 1.8T ecu which is spare on internet at maximum 40-50euros in some countries, don`t kill the time of others that want to research interesting stuff continuously.

Sorry, but this is the truth.
Blazius

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2019, 09:17:05 AM »

You don`t know how ECU works, what are it`s calculation from first start of engine to the end of it.

You just think if hit 3-5 maps will work ok, CWMDAPP will never give a real help in your project, but PRJ for sure will!

If you doesn`t know, you talk with some guys that studied Motronic (and not only) for more than 10 years and they gived you the best solution.

If you were unable to buy an 1.8T ecu which is spare on internet at maximum 40-50euros in some countries, don`t kill the time of others that want to research interesting stuff continuously.

Sorry, but this is the truth.

Mate, I can guarantee you I've read the FR more times than you. Most people dont even know CWMDAPP works here... its a codeword made up by 5 different bits to achieve torqueless operation, but you can disable/enable the bits individiually.. so you can have 1:1 throttle valve angle to KFPED but you can still have the torque based ignition enabled and vice versa..

It is not about not listening to them , they are good tuners, old members nothing wrong with that but its mostly the attitude. This is a DIY site, if these are the conditions ( and cant change them atm) then help me figure it out. Am I supposed to fit a turbocharger on NA engine ? No, but I am still doing it. Are you supposed to remap your 1.8T ? No, yet you are still doing it. Am I not supposed to turn off torque intervention? Yes, but it does not mean it wont work FOR now, sure as hell dont want to break speed records with it.

Also you realise I cannot "just" fit an 1.8T ecu on. N/A doesnt have N75 (it has intake runner length changeover though and I am internal wg atm) , DV , MAP , all that stuff(yeah I know adding them takes 2 hours , its not the point)... its not that easy just buy 1.8t boom done.

If you got 10 years of experience then help me do it ,since again DIY site AND also tell me how I am supposed to do it to have it "perfect" not say "oh mate you cant do this 100%"

Again, your post gave me a lot of insight into the topic of this thread.. thanks /s .
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:21:00 AM by Blazius » Logged
prj

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2019, 09:38:22 AM »

Much easier to run 1.8T without N75, N249, than this shit.

Yes you will need to fit a sensor pre-throttle. But really, if you can't afford 100 EUR on basic hardware, maybe you should go to playing with toy cars.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2019, 10:01:34 AM »

Much easier to run 1.8T without N75, N249, than this shit.

Yes you will need to fit a sensor pre-throttle. But really, if you can't afford 100 EUR on basic hardware, maybe you should go to playing with toy cars.

Right, so you say i can crossflash atw me7.5 dbw narrowband , and  I can set it up easier with cylinder charge etc. easier than just disabling what would prevent me from adding a turbo to the current setup ?

Again, yes it would be better, but you also have to realise where I am coming from 100 euro is basically 30% of your monthly income, so while 100 euro is nothing for you its different elsewhere. BUT that does not mean I wouldnt be able afford it. The question is do I want to make it easier by spending 30% of my income when I can achieve the same thing for my needs without spending a penny ?
adam-

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 11:54:11 AM »

Someone will send you a MAP sensor for free if you ask.
woj

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 01:52:47 PM »

100 Euro should not be nothing for anyone with any sense of economics, regardless of location. But the ugly truth is that there are no budget tune builds, especially turbo builds. Ever. Sooner or later it will start eating your cash. To this day I almost faint when think of the sum of money that went into my first car project. On a cheap car too, way cheaper than the cars around here. This memory also actively prevents me from doing another proper tune project. I do agree there is a return value - I learned a great deal of things, more than ever hoped for.

So just think about it in a sober way for a while before it is too late.

As for the CWMDAPP, the FRs really suggest it is for controlled environment calibration only. I know it is too late in your case (IIRC you blew your N/A engine and it's not running?), but I would first experiment with the ECU / CWMDAPP / etc. on a stock engine before engaging in the turbo build. At least that's what I did, I first sorted out the ECU fully, then went on to the engine hardware part.
Blazius

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2019, 05:47:39 PM »

100 Euro should not be nothing for anyone with any sense of economics, regardless of location. But the ugly truth is that there are no budget tune builds, especially turbo builds. Ever. Sooner or later it will start eating your cash. To this day I almost faint when think of the sum of money that went into my first car project. On a cheap car too, way cheaper than the cars around here. This memory also actively prevents me from doing another proper tune project. I do agree there is a return value - I learned a great deal of things, more than ever hoped for.

As for the CWMDAPP, the FRs really suggest it is for controlled environment calibration only. I know it is too late in your case (IIRC you blew your N/A engine and it's not running?), but I would first experiment with the ECU / CWMDAPP / etc. on a stock engine before engaging in the turbo build. At least that's what I did, I first sorted out the ECU fully, then went on to the engine hardware part.

No I got the car fixed like 4 months ago Smiley(which is what delayed this project so much)  The engine has an AEB head now ( lost power cause of turbo cams) and ARG bottom end. The rods are the same as in any 1.8t but I'll swap the AEB pistons in with dropin forged rods in a few months. Again 0.5bar only should put me at like 170-200 hp ish with safe timings I should be good.

so basically cwmdapp has 2 main functions : timing without torque and throttle plate set to dbc like mode. With the throttle set 1:1 the load becomes 0-100% with the pedal position. I am still kinda confused how this works in relation with the maf/ingested air to charge calculation but if it works it works.

KFPED is directly attached to butterfly opening basically. And timing without torque interface is the same but knock retard/ warmup temps still apply to zwout without torque interface.

So Ill adjust KRKTE, tvub to new injectors, KFPED at lower areas to get it to idle , intake manifold map from a1.8t ( because swithcing manifolds) and see what is up , how is load/maf readings / fuel trims working when i press the pedal and at idle.

Someone will send you a MAP sensor for free if you ask.

I doubt anyone will send me free stuff lol,but hey ..

Yeah I am well into 400 euros+ spent ( and if we count the other motor thats 700+ but its not really related to this but "saved" me some money since I can reuse some turbo parts) on this already.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:51:04 PM by Blazius » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2019, 02:40:43 PM »

So after even more research here is some info for other NA people if they wish to do this:

So CWMDAPP has 3 bits in NA soft and 5 in Turbo software

CWMDAPP
7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
+---------------+
|x x x x x x x x|
+---------------+
ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ
7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

0 - is bit for timing without torque interface - B_zwappl - this means ZWBAS + other stuff will be running the timing but no torque intervention adjustments
1 - is bit for Throttle Plate angle control via the accerelator pedal(a map + wped) - B_fpwdkap
2 - is bit for throttle plate angle control via a fixed value - bit 1 has priority over this even if you turn both on.
3 - nothing
4 - TURBO ONLY - B_ldsafw - bit for LDR runs on control with fixed value LDRAPP - used for WG duty setting manually on turbo application
5 - TURBO ONLY - bit Changeover: target boost pressure setpoint boost pressure on application - againt used for WG stuff on turbo applications

So what we really need is bit 0 and 1 to be 1 ( 00000011) - this disables basically all torque functions.

So by default ME7 throttle plate angle is calculated from many factors in FUED module which basically looks like this:

(there is some other stuff that can modify the output here but I am not gonna show them for simplicity)

wdksgv_w - desired throttle blade before application interface - basically this is the calculate desired throttle plate angle
wdksap_w - final throttle angle with application interface - basically this is the output of this module which goes into FUEDKSA from here, more on this later.

So if we set bit 1 in CWMDAPP and our motor speed is more than 0, our path is gonna look something like this(in normal mode):

wped_w - is normalised pedal position based on potentio meters in the pedal assembly, no need to change this
FPWDKAPP - this map controls the actual desired throttle plate angle , not KFPED..(though in if you dont disable timing torque interface, KFPED should still affect the timing torque structure)
the input is obviously wped_w and the output is WDKSV_W (basically the desired throttle plate angle)

this value then runs into an additive which incase is 0% then goes on to wdksap_w.

Now in not normal mode ( low temperature model) its gonna looks like this:

evtmod - this is modelled temperature @ intake valves
EVTMODMNDK - min. temperature of before the additive offset gets added to the desired throttle angle (when motorspeed = 0 )
WDKSOFS - Offset added to appl. value of desired throttle position at low temperature - this is the offset that gets added to desired throttle angle at low temperatures - when EVTMODMNDK is bigger than the modelled temp @ inlet valves

Aftet this the desired throttle angle value  goes on to FUEDKSA as I said before where it CAN get limited , adjusted, and delayed by many things.
but this is the default path it takes without limp mode:

the output goes onto split to many things but the first thing that happens is jitter correction of the plate, then delayed which is important because changing from one value to another is not instant mechnically obviously.

there are many values here but they arent that important to the end user I guess:

WDKSB_W - Throttle-valve target angle after limiting
WDKSBA2_W - Throttle-valve target angle after limiting, value from computing schedule n-2
WDKSBA_W - Throttle-valve target angle after limiting, value from computing schedule n-1
wdksp_w - Predicted desired throttle angle
wdkspa_w - Predicted throttle-valve angle, value from computing schedule n-1
wdks_W - desired throttle angle reffered to lower mechanical stop
dwdks_w - modification of desired throttle angle

etc.

Load should still follow MAF reading ,but KFMIRL and KFMIOP and etc. should still go out the window , as again CWMDAPP ignores everything past the function.

Now again here is my question to da pros:

NA software doesnt have rlmax .. so in theory you can have as much cylinder charge/load as you want ( limited by the actual 8bit or 16 bit value) BUT fueling/timing axes are limited by load which are currently maxed at 100% obviously( as NA motor)
 so does fueling follow actual LOAD or requested LOAD in this mode:

1. IF fueling follows actual load(MAF reading) in this mode:

- 1st option: since KRKTE is injection time ms / % load , it should be enough to get this right and scale some other load axes up like on LAMFA  etc. to get fueling control, right?
 - 2nd option: Would I need to change the whole intake model to basically set 0-100% load with a specific raised MAF flow / load % / throttle opening if you get what I mean like DBC cars without touching MLHFM, which map would I need to change exactly - KUMSRL , KFMSNWDK , WDKUGDN maybe even KISRM etc.)

2. IF fueling doesnt follow actual LOAD and it follows requested LOAD , how can you increase / which map controls ( in cwmdapp mode) the requested load. Since KFMIRL is ignored what else. Again no charge control maps.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this. If not I'll just go and experiment I guess. Thanks!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 02:54:03 PM by Blazius » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2019, 07:30:52 AM »

Anyone ?

It turns out fueling still follows actual maf reading so, technically I can get krkte , and tvub right and have the car run and extend timing and lamda tables load axis to have actual control.

But I will still probably try to get expected / actual charge to match using KUMSRL etc maps to get alpha n right so if anything happens to the maf ,nothing bad happens.
Blazius

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2019, 01:28:19 PM »

So , finally my hardware is 99% finished , so here we go with actual tuning Tongue

Here is what I am doing/thinking for the initial startup / idle.

I've changed CWMDAPP ( 181B2 , by rogerius) to 2 for now to enable dbc pedal ( will change to 3 ( 00000011) later on for dbc mode and simple ignition) .
Changed KRKTE ( 18E08 - found by me ) to 0.070392 - 1020mbar atmo,  temp 20 C , humidity 40% , injector flow rate 430 CC, 0280156023 373CC @ 3 bar, 4 bar FPR = 430 CC
Changed TVUB ( 11B6A ) for these injectors , from a post on this forum, except used 0.73 ms for 16 volts.

Is this enough for the initial startup/ injector scaling , and then go from there or should I change something else too ? I would also appreciate if somebody confirm the locations if (KRKTE and TVUB ) if I got them right Tongue

Thanks!

side note: used ME7sum to correct check, is me7sum or Winols checksum "better" to correct chksums aka what is more reliable, or no difference at all?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:38:19 PM by Blazius » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2019, 10:28:50 AM »

So after quite a few months on working on this I have started it up today, initially it wouldnt start but 2nd try it fired up, Couple things:

1. Looks like the CWMDAPP adress is right, since I need to hold engine for it to not stall in the first 5 second , but then it holds on its own , even drops the rpm down after the cat heating sequence.
2. The timing is around 27 btdc on idle , next step is to disable the timing based on torque too, and then I should get straight ignition from kfzw.
3. Its running quite rich on idle ( some fuel is coming out from the downpipe ((open downpipe for now)) ) and lambda reading 0.8v too , so probably gonna increase KRKTE , then see fuel trims.

EDIT: 2nd log shows ~15 deg btdc at 1100 rpm cat heating, then at idle ( 840) -3~ timings also, its way to rich on cat heating I think ( fuel basically pouring out from pipe , I dont think you would inject this much fuel for cat heating ? ) and lambda shows 0.1v basically on idle which is normal I guess ( again i dont have wideband as of yet so idk how lean)

They are VCDS logs for now, if you want I can post them, but Ill post actual good logs tommorow Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:27:22 AM by Blazius » Logged
Aardschok

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2019, 01:48:37 PM »

€30 +postage, do yourself a favour
Blazius

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2019, 01:52:14 PM »

1st of all I am already doing this with stock ecu, second turbo ecu's wont work out from the box, it is actually better to use an NA ecu for this conversion. No max load, no requested load, just actual and other things.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: