Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1707 times)
killerboots

« on: March 04, 2019, 08:15:22 PM »

Hello, Im new with the me7 platform(previously ecuflash and hondata user) and I wanna get into the me7 platform tuning. With ecuflash and hondata, it's more user friendly ive noticed, for those unfamiliar with reading and writing hex, but i have been messing around with tunerpro and the nefmoto flasher, and I can say that whoever created xdf's and custom maps for them are seriously talented.I've been using tunerpro for editing m-box bins for a little bit now, and I thank for those who created the xdf for it, saved me some time for creating a "stage 2" file for my s4 as the maps were already made. But I don't want to take the easy way out in the future so I want to learn how to read, write and understand hex. I'm looking to become the next best tuner or anything, but I just want to knowwhat Im looking at so I can get a better understanding on what's happening in the file. I've been lurking nefmoto for a few days now, a lot of good information here but I'd like to see if anyone can point me into the right direction with the follow.(I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand or looking for handouts btw)

1. Recommendation on books or videos on understanding hex
2. Aside from s4wiki, is there anything else I should look at
3. Better programs than tunerpro(As of now I am a hobbyist for audis but I tune evos and hondas weekly) as I plan to start tuning VW/Audi and BMW. Ive read Winols is a standard for German cars.
4. Anything else I should look into aside from what i've mentioned, if I missed something. 

Thank you, and I look forward to learning German cars.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: