Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NefMoto Ecu Flasher Logger, Can't find cable  (Read 3550 times)
SlashProm

« on: June 04, 2019, 01:21:07 PM »

Hey guys I just rebooted my laptop fresh for tuning. I downloaded and installed NefMoto Ecu Flasher Logger 1.9.4.3 and the latest D2XX Drivers from ftdichip. I have my blue VAG KKL 409.1 cable in and set to com1 but it wont find it it the flashing program? Did I miss something?
adam-

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 01:32:34 PM »

Is it an FTDI cable?
SlashProm

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »

How can I tell? It's just a blue VAG KKL 409.1. That's all it says on it. It works with VagCom VCDS Lite
SlashProm

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 02:28:58 PM »

I assume I have this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-USB-Cable-KKL-VAG-COM-409-1-OBD2-II-OBD-Diagnostic-Scanner-VCDS-VW-Audi-Seat/233243762340?hash=item364e695ea4:g:IPUAAOSw2~NcOd3n

When I need this?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAG-COM-USB-OBD2-II-KKL-ECU-DIAGNOSTIC-CABLE-VCDS-LITE-409-FTDI-FT232BL-Chip/330753371108?epid=23023316182&hash=item4d026febe4:g:DMEAAMXQwKdRc8J6

I never knew there were 2 types lol. I have the cheap one.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 02:31:48 PM by SlashProm » Logged
thefwrs

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 03:49:19 AM »

I think you need to open vcds and set the cable to dumb mode. Mine is the cheap one and it works with everything. Galleto, nefmoto, me7logger and argdubs eeprom tool.

I know there was a bunch of changes I needed to make in device manager. and for some reason I had to open it up and get a number off the chip inside it. Can't remember why, but I wrote it on the outside of my cable for later reference. It took me several days of trial and error to finally have it working like it is. Those cables are not ready to go when you get them. Some people get lucky and they work. Me, I went through 20+ different cables between volvo and VAG cars trying to find something that will work.

My advice is get the blue cable you got, there is a red obdsx cable and then just buy original ross tech cable to save the headache of any off brand BS chinese hack job.     

'01 GTI 4 wheeled crotch rocket Nothing Left Stock.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 03:50:35 PM »

I think you need to open vcds and set the cable to dumb mode. Mine is the cheap one and it works with everything. Galleto, nefmoto, me7logger and argdubs eeprom tool.

I know there was a bunch of changes I needed to make in device manager. and for some reason I had to open it up and get a number off the chip inside it. Can't remember why, but I wrote it on the outside of my cable for later reference. It took me several days of trial and error to finally have it working like it is. Those cables are not ready to go when you get them. Some people get lucky and they work. Me, I went through 20+ different cables between volvo and VAG cars trying to find something that will work.

My advice is get the blue cable you got, there is a red obdsx cable and then just buy original ross tech cable to save the headache of any off brand BS chinese hack job.     

This post is missing the single most important detail. FTDI vs CH

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
thefwrs

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 07:31:21 PM »

What I noticed is usually, not always the more expensive cables like the red obdsx cable are able to run higher baud rates and have multiple chips in them OBDsx has 5 chips but you have to load the correct drivers for the chip you want to use. I could be wrong, but I thought all the blue vag kkl 409.1 cables are all ftdi ft232r. It's the els327 cables you want to stay away from as there is no telling what you are getting with those no matter what they advertise.

'01 GTI 4 wheeled crotch rocket Nothing Left Stock.
Blazius

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 02:09:55 AM »

They are either FTDI chips or CH chips, They both do the same stuff, and they both work the same. However Nefmoto is written using FTDI drivers so a CH based cable doesnt work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: