Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: Boot mode not possible on ME7.5 (Infineon CPU)?  (Read 81288 times)
sn00k

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 07:41:43 AM »

Tried using a bootloader to do a "clean" boot of the cpu and read the eeprom directly? (bootmode activated upon cpu boot)

Bootmode of the cpu can never be "turned off" by software, alltho changing the bootloader might screw things up for galetto and similar software.

compare the eeprom contents to a stock eeprom.

NO software changes can EVER block this method since the CPU never runs any code but your own bootloader and then dumps the eeprom contents into a file.. or writes to the eeprom, 100% intact, if needed to..
(there are some ways to doing this, but the easiest for you might be to grab the "me7_95040" tool located on this forum, and have a look inside that eeprom)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:44:36 AM by sn00k » Logged
pvl

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »

Sorry wrong post...  can't delete sadly...  Sad
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:34:47 AM by pvl » Logged
pvl

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 08:32:49 AM »

Sorry, wrong post....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:34:25 AM by pvl » Logged
Nottingham

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 08:48:19 AM »

Got so pissed that hacked the POS Galletto in thousand pieces.

Installed the ECU back in the car, no trouble what so ever.
It runs just like before.

I attached my EEPROM dump.
VIN and IMMO ID sensored (checksums corrected afterwards).

Take a look if you find time.

Thanks
pvl

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 09:24:41 AM »

Glad that nothing was broken.

Emm, i think people should grab a MPPS instead of a galletto. They are also capable of bootmode, and
support alot (more) newer ecu's.
There is always the kwp2000+ with the me7-version software to use (via obd) but this also gives issues
like the Galletto.

Bootmode is mostly NOT needed to do a read of the flashrom. And a last sort of option to read-out the flashrom.

I suggest to let the ecu relearn it's adaption-values to give back your stock power. Mostly after reverting back
to stock, the original program is completely restored, but to nag customers that didn't buy, they leave crappy
values in the EEprom so the car drives not too well (less performance than stock).

I don't think anything of the original program (tuned version) is left in the flashrom..... So reading it out will only
give you your current original normal software.

Cheers,

PvL
Nottingham

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 06:51:36 PM »

I just cannot figure out why is the "RequestUpload" service disabled in the current flash, if it is a factory stock file.
At the moment I cannot even flash the ECU with a properly tuned file if I wanted to. I am pissed because I don´t know how and why I am completely locked out of my own ECU Cheesy

I´ll purchase a Willem programmer and solder out the flash chip.
I wasted so much time trying to read it over OBD that I would have had physically removed and reinstalled the flash atleast fifty times in the same time.

If I ever find these problems with boot mode was caused by APR, Revo or by any other companys trial software...
Their local branch office is going to ignite Wink

pvl

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »

@ Nottingham :

Don't you perhaps know a friend in your neighbourhood that has a MPPS interface (and hopefully a v12 or newer) ?
that one can or should be able to do it via OBD and also via bootmode.

Your RP-ecu is a very specific one, and another forum-member also has BIG trouble with it. So the sympthoms are not new Wink

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1369.msg12793#msg12793

Try MPPS please., if possible. It should be able to read and write it straight via obd !!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=mpps+12&_sacat=0&_odkw=mpps&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Cheers,

PvL
Nottingham

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »

Fine, I am going to order both of them (MPPS and Willem) once it is pay day Grin
AmIdYfReAk

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 09:58:07 AM »

Just wanted to make a note,

At times when boot mode is being a pain for me.

Turn the Power off, but leave the Switched/constant power connected.
Jump/short the flash,
Turn the power supply on,
Count till 10
remove short.

its worked *EVERYTIME* for me, even for those real stubborn ones Cheesy

That is using a Gal 1260 Chinese Clone cable/program.
Nottingham

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »

I recon this ECU is different electrically.
Maybe there is "extra" resistor between CR167 P.0L4 pin and the usual boot pin (connected to AM29F800 pin 24).
In this case the CPU would not recognize P.0L4 pulled "low" (i.e ground).

Someone who has a ECU with boot mode working in hand, could you please measure the resistance between CR167 pin P.0L4 and ground? (while ecu fully detached from any wires). Directly from the CPU pin, not from the usual contact used for boot mode.
ArgDub

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 09:35:32 PM »

The boot mode feature is embedded in microcontroller, there is no way you can turn it off. Doesn't matter if some tuner altered the eprom or flash memory, you can even completely remove the eprom IC and flash IC and you still will be able to enter boot mode. There is no way to disable boot mode!!

Maybe it is possible to disable the boot mode by modifying the 32k uP code inside the CR167.
Revo (and most likely APR too) can atleast read the memory without even opening the ECU.
Maybe they can write it too.

It can be very well that you have a corrupted EEprom (the little 8pin 95040) on the BACK of the ecu, in the middle)) And therefore have issues/difficulties getting into bootmode.
Nottingham

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »

The ECU goes into the boot mode just fine, however no software (Galletto, Nefmoto or ME7_95040) can connect to it while in boot mode. As long as it is in normal mode every software connects just fine, however they cannot read the flash because "RequestUpload" service is disabled.

The eeprom contents are fine too, the car runs without any problems.

ArgDub

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 11:01:55 PM »

If you cant connect with Galletto, Nefmoto or ME7_95040, how do you know the ecu is in boot mode?

The ECU goes into the boot mode just fine, however no software (Galletto, Nefmoto or ME7_95040) can connect to it while in boot mode. As long as it is in normal mode every software connects just fine, however they cannot read the flash because "RequestUpload" service is disabled.

The eeprom contents are fine too, the car runs without any problems.
Nottingham

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 04:54:17 AM »

It stops connecting in normal mode with Nefmoto or VCDS.

Also I am not the only one with exactly the same problems.
Nickname "professor" shares these problems here on Nefmoto.

The ECU (06A906032RP) is very rare since it is only installed in Seat Ibiza Cupras (made less than 5000).

I checked the C167 datasheet and it specifies that the pull-down resistor size should be 8k ohms to launch the boot strap loader.
I´ve tried different resistors too, but not exactly 8k I recon. Need to try that, connected directly the CPU pin.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:00:03 AM by Nottingham » Logged
ArgDub

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 06:21:36 AM »

Not being able to connect with vcds doesn't mean you are in bootmode, seems you are not in bootmode to me.

Just triple checking: Pin 62 (12V) should be live (connected to 12V) before the bootpin is shorted to ground, and while the BP shorted the ECU is powered up by feeding 12V to the ignition (pin 3)?

Try connecting together pin 3 and pin 62, then ground the bootpin while feeding pin 3 and pin 62 with power at the same time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: