Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Understanding Nomenclature  (Read 5716 times)
B6A4Dave

« on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:26 PM »

I've searched and read through a lot of Wiki's and other threads on here and I'm still not 100% sure how to ask my question so I hope this fits,

I have an '03 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5spd Manual with the Sport Package, however I do not have DSMIC, its just sport suspension (Red shocks, a little lower than normal, etc)l, I'm trying to get into understanding my ECU's programming, fueling, timing, boost tables, I'm not new to tuning, just new to Audi, and I'm trying to understand how this all works.

I understand TunerPro is simply an Interface, I understand I need Definitions to understand where all the information is contained on the stock ROM, to know the HEX locations and what it all means, I BELIEVE but am not 100% that the part number for my vehicles ecu is 8E0909518AK.

What I am looking for is the Stock Definitions for my vehicle, B6 A4 5spd 1.8T, and a stock ROM, so I can understand at least what the stock computer is doing before I even considering fucking with it at all.

So, I'm not sure if this Definition already exists, Im sure it does and that Im not the first person to ask for it nor a stock ROM.

Anyone who can lend some assistance and perhaps tell me what the fuck these apparent arbitrary numbers mean and where they come from, that be great. Im sure its a Part number and an ECU ID, but what and how the fuck is anyone else supposed to know that?

The "Getting started" Wiki really needs some additional information.

Thanks,

- Dave
B6A4Dave

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:38:31 PM »

Appears to be no edit button, but it may be 8E0909518AF instead....someone...some understanding would be nice
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:17:49 PM »

"Edit" == "Modify"

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »

Did you try searching for your ECU here? Tongue
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=search

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:22:41 AM »

Nyet is funny^^^ Grin

I'm not sure I understand your question. You want to know where the ECU part numbers come from? I guess you know they're printed on the outside of the ECU itself? As far as definition files go, there's plenty on here and a few damos as well, if you would like to start your own I think a few of us would be more than willing to help. Chances are, even if you find a definition file for your car, it probably won't line up. For each yr make model you have different hardware parts for different parts of the world with different software revisions, and to top that all off, old Bosch likes to take and switch it all around anyway (map locations).

Try to read your ECU with Nefmoto software. Read up on that, constant battery supply, etc. Open up WinOLS demo by EVC, and download the seat Leon damos on this site. Go through in 2d mode and have a look at the hex file. After that, it makes sense.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: