Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 1774 times)
mutzicu

« on: April 19, 2019, 04:51:39 AM »

I am new to this forum.
I've recently bought an old '98 Audi TT and I struggled lately to get it back in shape Smiley
I've replaced everything that was worn like hoses, valves, timing belt, water pump, tensioners, turbo etc. I've added a cold air intake which sounds great. And now, that the car runs fine I'm thinking about tuning the software. I know I could just go to a garage and have them tuned for me, but I don't see where the fun in that is... Also, we have pretty crap garages around...
As I'm quite happy with mechanics (it's a hobby - something that I do during the weekends to disconnect from the daily routine), I said I will give it a try with tuning my own car. The first steps, as in hardware, I've installed a boost and oil temp gauge and I'm waiting for a wideband AFR sensor+gauge to be delivered. I've spent the last couple of weeks on the forums reading tutorials. I've found an actually great youtube series about tuning the 1.9 TDI engine (the old EDC16) which was great - the guy really explained well the beginners guide and I said: "I'm all set then, ready to give it a go" Smiley Later, I realized that my little 1.8T petrol engine ME7 software was nothing similar with the tutorial watched... I didn't give up just yet, so now I'm digging the net trying to find a proper xdf for my ecu or at least a close one I could use to adapt....
That was quite a long introduction... Sorry Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: