Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 022906032CA ME7.1.1 rear o2 location trouble  (Read 3426 times)
litgib

« on: April 21, 2019, 12:34:48 AM »

Hi all.

I've been tasked with disabling the rear o2s in a 2004.5 A3 3.2 VR6 as it has been decatted.

After finding there are no public definition files of this ecu (022906032CA sw 8087 which I also understand fixes the hesitation around 2k rpm), I've been going at it myself armed with no experience and the search bar. I think I've found the addresses of most of the things I need to change by comparing the bin to the "VAG V6 3.2 ME7.1.1 29F800 damos" however I'm struggling to find a couple and can't say I'm all that confident about the ones I have found to be completely honest.

Here are a list of the addresses I've "located" so far, I've also attatched them in .kp form along with the bin.

181A2 = CDKAT
189C7 = CWDLSAHK (definitely doesn't look correct on 2nd glance, not sure why I picked this value - I'll put it down to a lack of sleep.)
1819E = CDHSH
1819F = CDHSHE
181A6 = CDLATV
181A4 = CDLASH
181AA = CDLSH
181AB = CDLSHV
181C7 = CWKONLS? educated guess with it being the closest 0x33 value (4 sensors)
??? = CLRSHK
??? = CLRSKA

I'm also not sure what changes I should be making with ESKONF as I was unable to find anything about it here specific to 7.1.1 though if it is the same as the 2.7t ecus (eskonf[5] set 6+7, eskonf[6] set 2+3), then it should look like this?
104DA = ESKONF
0C F0 BF FC 00 03 F3 FE AA FA 55 55 FC -> 0C F0 BF FC 00 C3 FF FE AA FA 55 55 FC

If anyone could check my addresses and also let me know if my ESKONF is correct that would be brilliant.

Thanks ever so much,
Litgib
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 12:43:28 AM by litgib » Logged
RBPE

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 04:45:47 AM »

Too busy to have much of a look but got the addresses as attached when I had a quick look. ESKNOF looked right location.

Try using this file here even though it's ST10, lot's will line up if you highlight a few values and make it a lot easier.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=15220.0title=
litgib

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 12:38:48 AM »

Too busy to have much of a look but got the addresses as attached when I had a quick look. ESKNOF looked right location.

Try using this file here even though it's ST10, lot's will line up if you highlight a few values and make it a lot easier.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=15220.0title=

Been sleeping on this but thanks a lot for this reply, having that file helped a lot and the configuration bits seem to line up perfectly. Only address I'm not certain about now is CLRSKA.

CDKAT = 181A7
CWDLSAHK = 189CB
CDHSH = 181A2
CDHSHE = 181A3
CDLATV = 181AC
CDLASH = 181AA
CDLSH = 181B1
CDLSHV = 181B2
CLRSHK = 1A411
CWKONLS = 181C7
CLRSKA = 1A4E2?
ESKONF = 104DA

New windows install and I haven't restarted after installing tunerpro yet and don't have winols so no kp/xdf sorry.

Also would like to add I'm not really sure what I'm actually supposed to be changing in order to do this code out properly, seems to be mixed opinions all around with what needs to be changed - this theme continuing in the maps you found, some of them I can't find any references to on this site, do I need them for what I'm doing? Anyway, will flash the approriate modifications to the addresses I listed above as soon as I have access to the car and report back.
RBPE

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 03:58:48 AM »

I've not done anything car wise myself for ages so can't find the location for that for you at the mo, there's full mk4 & 5 R32 def files in the def files area that should help you find everything you need on the 711's though.

The 711 (ME7.1.1.) is kind of a hybrid which was developed at the turn of the Millenium when all the emissions tests/legislations were developing themselves so only used on a small number of vehicles (VR 24V's/W8), hence why there is no Function Sheet (FS in English), Funktionsrahmen (FR) in German to get you used to the differences in lingo.

To learn the system I'd start with VAG's overview  of the 711, link I've added in here;
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=15773.0title=

Then read through the FS's of the ME7 (20vt/Alfa) as well as any later ones you can find on the net ME/D 9 for example and look at the evolutions of the ME system between them, all on here in the Tuning area edu bit.

You should then see the applications and the related maps that you may need to check, the relationship with things like SAI (which you may or may not remove also), lambda and so on and then what you need to check in that respect (start/after-start/fuelling etc) as well as function (heating/electrics/ESKONF etc).

So you can disable them if you've gone de-cat and no bungs in the exhaust or add bungs and use them as further monitoring but you have nothing in-between the 02's now (the Cat's) - so what mathematical changes/sensor reading changes will happen due to that, i.e the maps mentioned above or in the FS's.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 03:15:57 PM by RBPE » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: