Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: TABGSS vs modelled EGT  (Read 19581 times)
totti

« on: April 22, 2019, 02:26:00 PM »

Hi,

I've a question about EGT limits if there is no EGT sensor at the engine(motorcode AUQ). If I know well at this case only modelled EGT available. I set the TABGSS to 1000 celsius but the enrichment comes at 980. The TABGBTS is set to 680 celsius. Which is the limit for the enrichment when there is no EGT sensor, and how can I set the limit upper? Or try to config the EGT modell with some parameters?

Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 02:38:27 PM »

What do you mean by limit upper?

You mean when BTS is enabled based on modeled EGT? You kind of already answered your own question Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
totti

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 11:17:18 PM »

The current problem is that the modelled EGT reaches the 980 celsius and fuel will be rich. I want to set the 980 celsius limit upper. I set TABGSS to 1000 but there is no influence to the enrichment limit. I know the best would be if wet put an EGT sensor into the system and try to adapt the ECU EGT model to the real EGT.

What do you mean by limit upper?

You mean when BTS is enabled based on modeled EGT? You kind of already answered your own question Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:23:25 PM »

Hint:

The TABGBTS is set to 680 celsius

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
totti

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 01:08:16 PM »

I've attached the log. My problem is that I cannot set the 980 celsius limit upper.  Until that point the software is running from LAMFA. KFFDLBTS is set to 0.

Hint:

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 03:01:59 PM »

What is TABGBTS set to? BTS is triggering well below 980

What do you think KFFDLBTS=0 does if KFLBTS isn't 1?

Also, you are out of wgdc, pull back boost req up top or you might eventually throw a pos deviation code.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:08:00 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

zweistein

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 04:06:31 PM »

You have the modelled EGT in KFTATM relative to load and rpm.  But on a tuned car the model doesn't fit any more. You have to adapt the model to your tuned engine.  First I would measure your real egt and calibrate KFTATM better. Do also change ZATMATL to fit your real MAF flow better.
TABGBTS will trigger the BTS enrichment based on the calculated KFTATM which is also corrected further (see funktionsrahmen)

I hope this helps you
Andreas

totti

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 12:53:59 PM »

TABBGTS is set to 680 celsius
What I can see at the log the lambts_w is 1 until 940 celsius. lamsbg_w is 0,812(this is my lamfa value) until 985 celsius. So I cannot see when the KFLBTS table is used.

For the boost I don't have deviation code. My turbo is very slow at lower RPM and it cannot reach the required pressure. I hope it will change with a turbo repair.
What is TABGBTS set to? BTS is triggering well below 980

What do you think KFFDLBTS=0 does if KFLBTS isn't 1?

Also, you are out of wgdc, pull back boost req up top or you might eventually throw a pos deviation code.
totti

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 12:56:28 PM »

Thanks. I will check these variables how to set.

You have the modelled EGT in KFTATM relative to load and rpm.  But on a tuned car the model doesn't fit any more. You have to adapt the model to your tuned engine.  First I would measure your real egt and calibrate KFTATM better. Do also change ZATMATL to fit your real MAF flow better.
TABGBTS will trigger the BTS enrichment based on the calculated KFTATM which is also corrected further (see funktionsrahmen)

I hope this helps you
Andreas

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »

flbts_w may also be delaying activation of BTS.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 01:09:08 PM »

For the boost I don't have deviation code. My turbo is very slow at lower RPM and it cannot reach the required pressure.
It can't reach required pressure at high rpm either.

By and large, you should not let boost deviation happen, code or no code. That way if something goes wrong, it will be reflected in deviation.

ECUx Plot

prj

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 03:35:26 AM »

With FBSTABGM 0 the entire BTS function is disabled.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 03:38:55 AM »

With FBSTABGM 0 the entire BTS function is disabled.

I don't see a good reason for him to do this, since he can just adjust the BTS tables to do what he wants.

The question is why the onset is delayed so far above TABGBTS

ECUx Plot

mister t

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 01:51:57 PM »

FWIW, I just zero out the factor table and model KFLBTS to mirror LAMFA It's not exact, but my AFR's always seem to be right where I want them to be when I do it that way.
prj

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 02:39:43 PM »

FWIW, I just zero out the factor table and model KFLBTS to mirror LAMFA It's not exact, but my AFR's always seem to be right where I want them to be when I do it that way.
That approach melts the engine on a bad tank of fuel, no thanks.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: