Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cannot detect cable on Nefmoto  (Read 3339 times)
Dicktator

« on: April 24, 2019, 03:44:41 AM »

Hello

Trying to connect to an Audi TT 8n AJQ (ME7.5) using one of those cheap ebay KKL 409.1 cables but Nefmoto won't detect it. Drivers are already installed, the cable is confirmed to be working with VCDS. Using a Windows 10 32 bit tablet in case it makes a difference. Nefmoto is installed on an administrator account. Ignition on the car is ON, red light on the cable ON. What am I doing wrong here?
adam-

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 05:20:18 AM »

CH based cable?
Dicktator

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 07:13:41 AM »

Correct.
adam-

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:47:40 AM »

It's because nefmoto doesn't work with that cable.  It's very well documented.
Blazius

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 07:58:37 AM »

However ME7logger does. If you do it right. refer to one my recent posts in noob questions about it.

If somebody would rewrite Nefmoto to use serial drivers/ not use FTDI drivers, you could use it aswell. But IMO nefmoto is outdated compared to some of the programs/hardware out there, even replicas.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 08:21:00 AM »

However ME7logger does. If you do it right. refer to one my recent posts in noob questions about it.

If somebody would rewrite Nefmoto to use serial drivers/ not use FTDI drivers, you could use it aswell. But IMO nefmoto is outdated compared to some of the programs/hardware out there, even replicas.

You know that the nef flasher is one of the only programs that have source available?

Also, "outdated" isn't the reason CH support isn't there
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:22:41 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Dicktator

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 02:29:24 AM »

Pardon my ignorance, I didn't know that. I will do my best to find a cable that does work. I know there are alternatives to Nefmoto but I'm not walking that path, exactly for the reason that nyet mentioned - it is open source. That's a rarity nowadays especially in the car tuning hobby. Everyone's looking to rip us off. If there's even a tiny sliver of chance that I can support an open source software and it benefits my hobby - I will do that, even if it ends up costing me more than just getting a commercial one. From where I come, that is called loyalty. I'm not doing this for Nefmoto, but for the entire tuning community. We need this.
Blazius

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 03:06:16 AM »

You know that the nef flasher is one of the only programs that have source available?

Also, "outdated" isn't the reason CH support isn't there

Yeah I know , the source is there but honestly how many of "newcomers" even know what open source means let alone work on it ?

Also I didnt mean outdated cause CH support, I mean , it only supports the ME7 ecu's, no bootmode support ( I think, correct me if i am wrong) etc.
It still the cheapest version to get to flashing your ME7 for sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: