Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.5 First Tune Parameters  (Read 10327 times)
IWay

« on: April 25, 2019, 03:40:26 AM »

Hello,

I'm embarking on my first tune with a ME7.5 (8N0906018H  0004) in an Audi TT Coupe 225, after doing some reading I would like someone to confirm the the parameters below are a good starting point for a first baby step tune?

Fuel
LAMFA - AFR
KFLBTS - Not touching this or the EGT thresholds

Air
LDRXN - Max load
KFLDHBN - Absolute pressure ratio
KFMIRL - Engine load desired
KFMIOP - Engine load cap

Ignition
Not touching this for now

Regarding the KFMIOP can anyone tell me what the units are, I know it needs increasing but don't know what the units are?

The car has the follwing mod's;

- Complete 3" exhaust
- Decat
- F23 turbo
- Stainless exhaust manifold

The head has been refurbished, new water pump timing belt etc, compression is good on all cylinders (180).

I have 440cc injectors, up-rated fuel pump & new fuel filter but haven't installed these yet.

Thanks

Ian
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 09:07:30 AM »

KFMIOP is not "engine load cap" Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Maxohio

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 10:56:30 AM »

Hello,

I'm embarking on my first tune with a ME7.5 (8N0906018H  0004) in an Audi TT Coupe 225, after doing some reading I would like someone to confirm the the parameters below are a good starting point for a first baby step tune?

Fuel
LAMFA - AFR
KFLBTS - Not touching this or the EGT thresholds

Air
LDRXN - Max load
KFLDHBN - Absolute pressure ratio
KFMIRL - Engine load desired
KFMIOP - Engine load cap

Ignition
Not touching this for now

Regarding the KFMIOP can anyone tell me what the units are, I know it needs increasing but don't know what the units are?

The car has the follwing mod's;

- Complete 3" exhaust
- Decat
- F23 turbo
- Stainless exhaust manifold

The head has been refurbished, new water pump timing belt etc, compression is good on all cylinders (180).

I have 440cc injectors, up-rated fuel pump & new fuel filter but haven't installed these yet.

Thanks

Ian

KFMIRL and KFMIOP and the inverse of each other.
Kfmirl is RPM v throttle pedal = Load
Kfmiop is RPM v Load = % torque.
This ties in with KFPED which is your throttle pedal.

If you look at any value in KFMIRL and KFMIOP they should interpolate.

These 2 maps will if not set correctly give you torque invertention, where by the ecu will cut timing to cut the require torque value back.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:59:34 AM by Maxohio » Logged
Jozua

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 10:51:14 PM »

Krkte Tvub and Kvb when installing 440cc inj.
ulek3pl

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 01:21:21 AM »

Here u are, my 225 s3 tune with 630cc. Dynotested. Pack include: ori, tune and map pack Smiley
IWay

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 02:33:17 AM »

All, especially ulek3pl for posting his tune,

Cheers most appreciated,

Look like some mor reading is in order.

Thanks
IWay

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 02:54:33 AM »

All,

I have a question about the KFMIRL and KFMIOP,

If,

Kfmiop is RPM v Load = % torque

Is the load in KFMIOP expressed as a % of the load in KFMIRL?

Also what units is the torque expressed in?

As it doesn't seem to add up from the screen shot attached (standard 1.8T Bin) or Am I missing something?

Thanks
Blazius

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 05:34:03 AM »

All,

I have a question about the KFMIRL and KFMIOP,

If,

Kfmiop is RPM v Load = % torque

Is the load in KFMIOP expressed as a % of the load in KFMIRL?

Also what units is the torque expressed in?

As it doesn't seem to add up from the screen shot attached (standard 1.8T Bin) or Am I missing something?

Thanks

KFMIRL is RPM and %torque requested = % requested load
KFMIOP is RPM and Actual Load = % torque
KFPED is RPM vs Throtte pedal position = % torque requested.
IWay

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 06:36:24 AM »

So been doing some more reading;

As far as I can figure out at the moment,

The KFMIRL is a map for requested load

The KFMIOP is a map for actual torque

The KFMIZUOF is the difference allowed between KFMIRL and KFMIOP before torque intervention takes place.

Example, just using simple numbers;

If the requested load (KFMIRL) is 10, the actual torque (KFMIOP) is the inverse of 9 and the allowed delta of KFMIRL & KFMIOP (KFMIZUOF) is 0.5 then torque intervension will take place IE juddery drive as the troque intervension cuts in and out.

For some wierd reson the KFMIRL & KFMIOP are the inverse of each other, so if you want to increase the requested load KFMIRL you need to decrease the KFMIOP.

This then ties in with cylinder charge map (LDRXN) which also need sto be incresed.

Correct??
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 07:41:45 AM »

If the requested load (KFMIRL) is 10, the actual torque (KFMIOP) is the inverse of 9 and the allowed delta of KFMIRL & KFMIOP (KFMIZUOF) is 0.5 then torque intervension will take place IE juddery drive as the troque intervension cuts in and out.

For some wierd reson the KFMIRL & KFMIOP are the inverse of each other, so if you want to increase the requested load KFMIRL you need to decrease the KFMIOP.

No.

"Inverse" is not 1/x inverse. One maps torque to load and other maps load to torque.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
IWay

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 08:06:11 AM »

Thought I had it then Cry

So both need to be increased?

Also what is the unit on the Y axis in KFMIOP (load as something?) and the value units in the actual KFMIOP map = % torque of what?

Blazius

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 09:40:35 AM »

Thought I had it then Cry

So both need to be increased?

Also what is the unit on the Y axis in KFMIOP (load as something?) and the value units in the actual KFMIOP map = % torque of what?

As nyet said,they are not mathemathical inverse. It means they convert between load and torque. Also there are no specific x, or y axis, as they are interchangable in winols/tunerpro so its a bad way of saying it.

KFMIOP axes are RPM with rotation/minute units and actual load % , which again is a % "unit" , in Motronic it means how much % are the cylinder volumes filled, but it comes from many calculations in real time but it starts with the MAF reading. The Z ( result) units are again a percentage - % of the torque. Torque in the end also ends up as air going into the engine( among some other things) as engine is basically a big air pump, after a succesfull combustion event you get torque, its what drives the crank and and in the end wheels. Horsepower is how fast you are making that torque ( work). So again more air = more fuel = bigger boom = more torque. When there  is intervention , ECU basically closes butterfly to narrow the air coming in down and/or changes ignition timing for the combustion, to make more or less torque.

This is why Motronic is called a load/torque based system.
IWay

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 10:51:35 AM »

OK,

So the KFMIOP Y axis is a relation percentage of the LDRXN (calculated in some way)?

following on, in the screen shot (attached) the KFMIOP at 2000 rpm and 54% of the LDRXN at 2000 rpm (highlighted cell) is saying that in KFMIRL the load is limited to 76.7990% of the requested load?

Next question, if the LDRXN is increased should the KFMIOP be changed as I have read both change it\don't change it in different places?

Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 06:47:49 PM »

OK,

So the KFMIOP Y axis is a relation percentage of the LDRXN (calculated in some way)?

No. Torque is not % of load

ECUx Plot

IWay

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 04:32:17 AM »

Done some more reading,

Understanding ECU Remapping: The Audi TT 1.8T Variants/Bosch Motronic ME7.x and s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

I think I see where I was geeting confused,

On my xdf the y axis for KFMIOP was set to 4 significant figures, so it only looked as if it went up to 90.... (cells to small for 7 digits) where after changing it to 3 significant figures I can see it goes up to 190....

Also it's just coincidence that the figures in the LDRXN and KFMIRL look as if they could be BHP figures where they are actually a % of cylinder load.

So next question if the LDRXN and KFMIRL are increased dose the KFMIOP need to (not could be) be increased or does the KFMIOP only need to be increased if only the KFMIRL is increased and not the LDRXN?

Thanks for your patience
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: