Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "P1570 Immo blocked engine start" after cross flashing 06A906032 HN to HJ ECU  (Read 3323 times)
Jorgeminator

Golf MkIV 1.8T AUM

Alrighty. I finally dived into the flashing process after acquiring hardware and software needed for normal/bootmode flashing. I knew beforehand by studying boost logs that the car has a tune of some sort and I didn't know if it perhaps was a Revo or APR one (**horror stories about "Programming not finished" stories floating around in my mind**), but I successfully read the 06A906032HJ (AUM) flash off my ECU. Battery and laptop both plugged in to chargers when doing reads/writes to the ECU.

After doing some research I found that the 1.8T AUQ virtually has the same engine components as the AUM, so I went ahead and modified a stock 06A906032HN (AUQ), deleting the SAI and modifying KRKTE and KVB to suit the 4 bar FPR I've installed to allow running E85 (flex setup with sensor) without maxing out the injectors. The file flashed perfectly, but once I tried to start the engine it didn't fire at all. A quick DTC check in VCDS gave me "P1570 Immobilizer blocked engine start", making my heart skip a beat or two. "Did I just brick it?". It appears I didn't, flashing the original (except for SAI delete and KRKTE & KVB adjustments) file back fixed the problem.

I'm pulling my hair off trying to understand why the immobilizer would go bananas after flashing the new file. I've never had problems with the immo before, so the problem is definitely with the flash.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:36:09 PM by Jorgeminator » Logged
dal

There is an method of "immo off" that consists in removing the immo funcionality from the ECU program (stored in the flash memory, that you flashed), so you dont need to modify the EEPROM.
I think there is chance that your last file have this type of "immo off".

But now what ou can do is correct the immo, read the EEPROM, get the pin code, and pair the ECU and cluster.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:38:10 PM by dal » Logged

Audi A3 8L
1984cc stroker - E100 - ME7 wideband converted - 400whp target
Instagram: @a3stroker
Jorgeminator

Golf MkIV 1.8T AUM

There is an method of "immo off" that consists in removing the immo funcionality from the ECU program (stored in the flash memory, that you flashed), so you dont need to modify the EEPROM.
I think there is chance that your last file have this type of "immo off".

But now what ou can do is correct the immo, read the EEPROM, get the pin code, and pair the ECU and cluster.

Thanks! What I have gathered so far is that the engine boosts at around 1 bar and has the timing increased by 3-7° at higher loads, but I have no idea what they've done to the immo functionality. The immo problem is only present if I flash the HN file, and I've managed to do every tune I need on my original file, so this isn't really a problem. I actually just wanted to test the AUQ file as a comparison against an AUM Stage 1 (I guess?) tune.
adam-

You can't mix them always.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: