Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tearing my hair out with VCDS cable!  (Read 4509 times)
daddyone

« on: May 11, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »

Hi,

So I've bought a genuine Ross Tech Hex USB CAN cable, cheked it by loading latest VCDS, turned off intelligent mode, turned on KWP-2000, tested, saved and launched Nefmoto 1.9.4.3

VCDS works fine with the cable, Nefmoto sees it as a Ross Tech cable, tried all baud rates, have the ignition on but engine not running. I have the latest Ross Tech drivers loaded and the device is seen in device manager.

I am running Nefmoto as Administrator, have tried everything.

I have also bought MPPS cables and KKL cables but I'm getting no joy with any of them.

I have a C7 RS6 and a MK7 Golf R on the drive, tried both cars. Surely it has to be my laptop or something, but I can't see how or why? Help please!

Windows 10 64 bit, don't see how that can affect anything either?

All I'm trying to do is read the full flash from both cars and start comparing maps in WinOLS, I've used the MPPS cables before on my Evo and had no problems at all..
gman86

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 07:36:49 AM »

Hi,

So I've bought a genuine Ross Tech Hex USB CAN cable, cheked it by loading latest VCDS, turned off intelligent mode, turned on KWP-2000, tested, saved and launched Nefmoto 1.9.4.3

VCDS works fine with the cable, Nefmoto sees it as a Ross Tech cable, tried all baud rates, have the ignition on but engine not running. I have the latest Ross Tech drivers loaded and the device is seen in device manager.

I have also bought MPPS cables and KKL cables but I'm getting no joy with any of them.

I have a C7 RS6 and a MK7 Golf R on the drive, tried both cars. Surely it has to be my laptop or something, but I can't see how or why? Help please!

All I'm trying to do is read the full flash from both cars and start comparing maps in WinOLS, I've used the MPPS cables before on my Evo and had no problems at all..

Please tell me you're a troll and not trying to read a C7 RS6 or Mk7 Golf with Nefmoto.

Either way, this ain't working out for you.
daddyone

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 07:46:37 AM »

Yes I am (a troll) and yes, I've just realised this isn't going to work as neither are ME7's......

Anyone know of a flash tool for reading these cars?
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 08:01:24 AM »

Yes I am (a troll) and yes, I've just realised this isn't going to work as neither are ME7's......

Anyone know of a flash tool for reading these cars?

yes, lots of people know of them and use them on a daily basis.
daddyone

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 08:03:44 AM »

OK, I know Alientech Kess works, but I have a slave which is master tethered and want to be able to pull and write unencrypted raw binary. Any pointers or is the only way to buy a Kess master and be done with it.
TewSlo

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 03:42:06 PM »

Hi,

Uninstall the drivers, what you need is attached. Once you install the driver for the cable in device manage click Properties > Advanced on the ross tech, then check of the serial port. Once finished, unplug and replug the cable back in. You will see the cable recognize as well as the new Virtual COM Port, located under another category in Device Manager. Leave it on COM Port 3. As you said turn off intelligent mode and the try your other steps again. It'll now work.

Link to driver, also attached: https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/usb/virtual-com-port.php
TewSlo

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 03:49:00 PM »

Using this driver as an example (cable is in car; lazy.)

But this is the way to manually locate the driver folder.

Open device manager (⊞ + R and then type devmgmt.msc and hit enter)

Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
Then follow the prompts and select "Have Disk..." and select the driver folder (unzip folder from the link above and then save somewhere)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: