Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Immo III ecu swap  (Read 7646 times)
0h4TTquattro

« on: May 12, 2019, 02:25:57 PM »

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

I purchased a new ecu that i'd like to have for a spare in case I ever decide to go back to stock.  I was told I need more than the skc code of the vehicle to code the new ecu.  They said there is also a code on the new ecu i'll need.  VCDS instructions say I need to transfer relevant info over to the new ecu before coding with the skc. 

I'm waiting on a cheap blue cable so I can run the 95040 tool.  Is there instructions on how to get the skc code with that program?  Is it as simple as just dragging and dropping the .exe file into the command prompt then hitting enter?  I'd like to at least be able to program keys with the skc code.

I tried the 95040 tool with a vag tacho cable and I got an error message that said eepromtool_04.exe: error: argument --in is required.  I've read some people had to change their com ports or baud rate but I have no idea how to.  I have the option to send both computers to someone and for fifty dollars they will give me the codes I need but I don't want to risk shipping them in the mail plus I want to learn how to do it.  If I can figure it out through here i'll make a donation to the forum if that's possible or pay you instead.  Thanks in advance

0h4TTquattro

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 02:29:58 PM »

I have one of the newer rosstech cables that wont allow me to install the drivers according to the rosstech site and it can't be used.  I was going to try that today.  I'm not a total idiot but there's just so much info here and online it's overwhelming.
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 06:48:32 PM »

I saw how to set the com port in the nefmoto startup guide.  Do I have to install nefmoto to change the baud rate and activate the kkl cable so I can run the 95040.exe?

I worked eighty hours plus for the last three weeks.  I have no time otherwise i'd dedicate more time to learning this as I truly want to.  I'd absolutely love to learn how to tune, but it's just not possible with my work schedule. 
CanML

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 06:57:00 PM »

Where you trying to connect to the ECU in bootmode?  Nefmoto will not need to be installed, but the correct drivers for the cable must be. 

First you will need to read the file, ArgDubs tool has worked very well for me on the bench.  In bootmode I have not had to play around with baudrates when using an vagcom HEXUSB cable with the serial drivers.  Attempts to read over OBD were unsuccessful and caused my car the throw a p0606 code.

In command line you will have to navigate to a folder containing the tool (me7_95040.exe in this case) by typing 'cd' followed by the file path you want to navigate to:

To get to the folder: C:\Users\matt> cd Documents\2019-05-12-EEPROM
Then to run the tool: C:\Users\matt\Documents\2019-05-12-EEPROM> me7_95040.exe -p8 -r fileName.bin

At this point if the read is successful you will have the EEPROM file saved in that folder.  

Once you have the file run eepromtoole_04.ex to obtain the SKC (or manually read it from the file in a hex editor): C:\Users\matt\Documents\2019-05-12-EEPROM> eepromtool_04.exe fileName.bin

The tool will write the skc and other information to the command screen.  

Looks like the error you had with the vag tacho cable was due to a syntax error in command line, I think that cables is a FTDI cable and should work but I don't have any experience with it.  

Hope this helps.
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 07:05:05 PM »

From what I understood the tool was updated so that there was no longer a need to place the ecu in boot mode, but that resulted in only having the capability of reading and not programming. 

If I have to do it the way you described I will.  Thank you for the reply. 
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 07:07:12 PM »

I also learned that I could drag and drop the file into the command prompt thanks to another user that posted on here.  I never knew you could do that with command prompt.  The blue kkl cable will be here tomorrow.  I will try and read through all the pages of the thread that was started by argdubs when I have time.  I'm sure i'll find my answer. 

CanML

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 07:12:57 PM »

It has been updated to read over OBD but from my experience and digging around the forum it is unreliable.  Some people say pulling the dash fuse helps with this since it stops the instrument cluster from communicating with the ECU, I haven't tried this. 

Good luck
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 07:22:13 PM »

Okay.  If I can't get it to work i'll use your instructions. 

When you mentioned correct drivers for the cable do you mean drivers found on this forum or the drivers that will come with the cable? 
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 07:23:24 PM »

I also have the V2 vag com cable from what I gathered I can't install the drivers on that cable to use it if I wanted to. 
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 07:42:00 PM »

I will start a new thread but in case someone reads this.  I ended up sending my new ecu out to have it immo deleted and got it back then sent out the original ecu for a skc read and a clone.  Then I intended on having the new ecu cloned.  I just didn't want the car to be down.  I can't stand driving my other vehicle anymore. 

Anyway I got the original ecm back over the weekend and there is a code now that illuminates the CEL.  The code is 18089 control module programming not finished. 

The company VAR parts tried to blame me for trying to use the argdubs tool.  In reality I was using a hex v2 genuine vcds cable and it couldn't have possibly done anything according to my research.  Apparently with the update I couldn't have even done anything through the obd2 port while connected.  The reality is I drove around for two weeks after trying this tool and not once did that code come up.  I constantly checked the codes because I was chasing vacuum leaks and a code 17705. 

Anyway i'm willing to pay someone to fix this for me.  I got him to email me the original file from the ecu.  He's trying to say nothing he did could've caused this. 

Now I want to plug the immo defeated ecu back in to see what the two codes were on it to see if he screwed up that one as well.  One code was pertaining to the immo and I can't remember the other.  Someone please give me a suggestion.  I don't have the time with work to research how to do this myself with my work schedule and wont until winter.  I planned on installing a turbo back this week and a stage 1.5 malone tune flash but now i'm screwed.  I'd like to keep the immobilizer. 
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 01:42:02 AM »

I found someone willing to do it on ebay.

When I tried the argdub tool I also tried a vagtacho cable and I didn't want to say it initially but I had never loaded the drivers for the cable on that laptop.  It was real stupid that's why I never included that. 
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 10:20:32 PM »

The person I found through ebay is a member here and I sent the computer to him.  All I did was trade one code for another now I have a code 01177 Engine control Unit 64-10 Not currently testable.  At least there is no CEL this time.  It does however come back immediately after erasing.  The code 01177 is in the instrument section of VCDS whereas the 18089 was under engine.  I just can't win with this car.  I hope he didn't do it on purpose because I said I was going with malone instead of buying a tune from him.  I'm not sure yet, but i'm probably out a hundred plus the thirty I spent on priority express shipping. 

I'd pay someone else to fix this properly, but I don't want to waste anymore money.

I'm just curious if I need anything other than the 4 digit skc to adapt a new ecm with VCDS?  The instructions on the wiki page are conflicting with what i've read and been told from some people.  I realize this forum has nothing to do with VCDS, but I know nothing about any of the other options and i'm not sure I have the time to research it or if i'm capable. 
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 12:51:25 AM »

I must've pissed him off by asking too many questions or saying i didn't want one of his tunes.  All I know is i've never had someone do something like this to me.  I'd never mess with someones car considering how important they are for work and life in general.  If I was reading this thread I wouldn't believe what i'm typing either and for that reason i'll leave out this companies name.

I just received an ebay message from the person saying he just did an immo defeat and sent it back.  Meanwhile the SKC was written on a tag on top of the computer from the first person that worked on it.  I clearly stated I was going to send the immo defeated ecu at a later date to have immo turned back on then cloned.  He was supposed to fix whatever was messed up with the original ecu and save the file to clone for me.   

I have the messages to prove what I just said.  I'm a brutally honest person and always have been.  It's one of the only things that keeps me going.  I never had patience for liars or bullshit and I tell it how it is.  I hope someone reading this will be careful who they deal with and do research on it for a while like I didn't, or learn to do it yourself.  Pay through paypal/ebay so you have some sort of recourse, rather than a website.  Don't trust a website. 

I hope that by installing this computer it didn't screw something up.  I'm not sure if that's even possible, but I know for a fact code 01177 wasn't there as i've been checking codes every two or three days trying to fix other engine issues.  The VAS5052 scanner I have automatically scans for cluster codes with engine codes.  I don't expect anyone to believe me or take me seriously.  More often than not when someone new comes to a forum and posts shit like this they are spreading lies, false accusations or believe they are they did no wrong when in reality it's their fault completely which is why i'll never post here again. 

once again i'm lucky I didn't send both computers.  This was one of the last messages before I told him i'd send one at a time and pay twice if necessary. 
"if you want working immo:
best to send both original and replacement ecus. this will be mostly like starting from scratch. "
0h4TTquattro

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 01:07:02 AM »

"if you want a tuned version, $300 all inclusive. 

for immo defeat only (clone in this case) you can purchase here"

Thats the rest of the message.  I shoulda went for the all inclusive tuned version blind folded. wow
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2019, 08:09:22 AM »

I would not recommend sending anybody any money over the internet.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: