Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Followup on CWMDAPP tuning -> turbo conversion - questions & other things.  (Read 7807 times)
Blazius

Allright. I seem to have fixed all the torque intervention issues and things like that. No limp mode from 1.2k RPM to 4.5k RPM in any pedal position I'm quite sure.

I just made a log today to drop it into Guitar's FKKVS fixer to fix the stfts ( = lambda control - still no NORLA has been found Sad ) and hopefully they will be near perfect.

However a bigger issue right now is cold start.... I can basically not start up when engine is cold - well I can if i crank for like 5-7 seconds or I press pedal to let more air in ( and more fuel...) , and if it starts up it runs very very bad, since its expecting way more air than 3% throttle plate angle vacuum , and just basically wasting fuel.. after the cat heating sequence turns off the car literally runs like it should apart from idleing at 1.2k RPM.
For that I am planning to lower 0% pedal position to 2.5% throttle plate , and hopefully that will lower it to 800-1000 rpmish which would be decent. One issue I might run into is lights+ ac at idle, right now they already make the RPM drop a tiny bit, since I am always letting the same air in and same timing, so for that I'll turn back CWMDAPP to 2 so I can use proper ignition angles to I can use torque reserve intervention etc. to help out a tiny bit.
Also I am having a hard time finding these maps to turn off cat heating. byte values are nono( CWKONABG or FKHAxx), so I am trying to find the maps maybe but yeah..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:31:18 PM by Blazius » Logged
Kompiesto

If you really want to do turbo in N/A engine dont change CWMDAPP because this generate a lot of problems for normal driving. You can do 2 hacks but remember that ecu will be seeing wrong data and could work somethimes unexpected. Modify HFM MAF linearization to lower load, where turbo boosting and add fuel in FKKVS table to be equal to air what ecu dont see. For thottle operation, edit KFWDKMSN table. If you something do wrong you can damage engine. You must checking all time on AFR gaugage.
Blazius

If you really want to do turbo in N/A engine dont change CWMDAPP because this generate a lot of problems for normal driving. You can do 2 hacks but remember that ecu will be seeing wrong data and could work somethimes unexpected. Modify HFM MAF linearization to lower load, where turbo boosting and add fuel in FKKVS table to be equal to air what ecu dont see. For thottle operation, edit KFWDKMSN table. If you something do wrong you can damage engine. You must checking all time on AFR gaugage.

The motor is already converted there is no going back. And not really I dont need to do hacks apart from cwmdapp. The MAF has not been changed since  its a different version than 1.8ts also 3 inch/2.75 inch, can read about 360 g/s or so. KFKHFM was also all 1's in stock file. The ecu can properly see actual load going above 100%, also ps_w correctly sees 1.5 bars ( 0.5bar from turbo). I already modified LAMFA and torque requests so I get richer mixture in boost areas, and funnily enough the NB also can detect if its "high rich" or low rich - for example when I start richening mixture ~14 afr it reads about 0.7 volts when Its down to 13~ afr requested it sees about 0.88v Smiley Lambda control takes care of part throttle fuel, that is why I am fixing FKKVS so it doesnt need to fix much.

KFWDKMSN has no effect in dbc mode, everything is driven by FPWDKAPP.
Blazius

So I just spent 3 hours today trying to find the bloody CWKONABG... I have tried every 1 value in the PROKON area, and it seems like on the very last one aftee 3 hours and like 9 writes/changing one by one I managed to find it , but I am not 100% still. Could somebody confirm if - 18198 - is truly right. I have logged b_kh and it was 0 when I started the car up , on every other try it was always 1.

Gotta confirm tommorow though when I start it up.
Blazius

Nope.. b_Kh still active when I start up... I went thru all the obvious prokon area , if its lower down in the adresses I dont know how to find it :/ Guys I would really appreciate this if someone could help me out , I am basically dumping raw fuel in exhaust like 12-13 AFR for a good 3-4 min on idle, just wasting fuel.
Blazius

Well I couldnt find CWKONABG but I found FKHABMN and the individual maps in BBKHZ so I disabled those.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: