Pages: [1]
Author Topic: K04-001 AUM after remap even with limiters off fault code boost sensor  (Read 5629 times)
JulienR

Hello,

I was wondering if there is somebody who could help me with this remapping.
The car is a Golf 4 1.8T with engine code AUM.

We fitted an K04-001 with the following parts :
440cc injectors
3 inch silicone intake with 3 inch MAF house
3 inch Downpipe
4 bar fuel pump
4 bar fuel pressure regulator
Front mount intercooler
R8 TFSI coils (the famous red topsjavascript:void(0); )
NGK BKR7E bougies

after this remapping , even with the limmiters off whe still get  the enoing error code  16622 manifold pressure / boost sensor (G31) P0238 - 35 - 10 signal too high - intermittent code.

when the boost pressure hit the 1.5 bar for a second of 1.5/2 the wastegate opens, what effenciely turn out in powerloss.

trying to log everything but still got no clue why this happens.

Added : original map and remap and remap with limmiters off
thanks in advance
nyet
Administrator

Fix your boost sensor, nothing will work right with a bad sensor. You'll potentially see very bad bucking as well.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
JulienR

It isnt the sensor , checked the wiring and replaced the sensor for a new one and no difference.
nbdiy

1,5bar boost? You will hit UADPLMX - max boost sensor voltage, its at 250kpa, and you have 150kpa boost+100kpa atm-pressure.
JulienR

1,5bar boost? You will hit UADPLMX - max boost sensor voltage, its at 250kpa, and you have 150kpa boost+100kpa atm-pressure.

thanks, is it possible to adjust this to higher kpa ?

UADPLMX is a different map than DSLOFS ?
nbdiy

Yes this is a different thing. If you change DSLOFS you will still reach ~5V at 1.5bar

there are few possible ways, but all of them are not easy if you don´t have enough knowledge about this ecu..

You can tweak UADPLMX (you will find two similar of them), so this error doesn´t occur, but you can´t control boost over 1,5bar then, this a thing you should know.
And you have to make sure internal calculated boost (ps_w) doesn´t go over 1,5bar, too.
If you go above this limit fueling won´t  be adjustable, this is why many people tend to underscale the maf.

The other ones are for a beginner not easy, too:
You can do the 5120-hack, and install a 500kpa, but this needs asm-knowledge

Or you fix load to boost calculation of the ecu entirely, then you are able to install 350 or 400kpa- sensor.
Then you don´t need asm-changes, but you need a really good undestanding of the ecu to adjust everything matching.
JulienR

Yes this is a different thing. If you change DSLOFS you will still reach ~5V at 1.5bar

there are few possible ways, but all of them are not easy if you don´t have enough knowledge about this ecu..

You can tweak UADPLMX (you will find two similar of them), so this error doesn´t occur, but you can´t control boost over 1,5bar then, this a thing you should know.
And you have to make sure internal calculated boost (ps_w) doesn´t go over 1,5bar, too.
If you go above this limit fueling won´t  be adjustable, this is why many people tend to underscale the maf.

Or you fix load to boost calculation of the ecu entirely, then you are able to install 350 or 400kpa- sensor.
Then you don´t need asm-changes, but you need a really good undestanding of the ecu to adjust everything matching.

thanks for sharing your knowledge mate !
Will try someting  Grin
JulienR

unfortunately i don't have UADPLMX in my XDF file , do you have any adresses of this map ?
ttmk1

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2023, 06:04:06 AM »

Hello,

I have about the same configuration as you on my audi tt mk1 AUM engine and of course the same problem, to solve it, I installed a BCM in parallel of the N75 which allows me to limit the turbo pressure to 1.4 bars.
Did you find the solution more "professional"?

I hope not to bother you with my questions.
Thank you in advance.

Thank you in advance.

john

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2023, 12:12:26 PM »

I have about the same configuration as you on my audi tt mk1 AUM engine and of course the same problem, to solve it, I installed a BCM in parallel of the N75 which allows me to limit the turbo pressure to 1.4 bars.

Ya, don't do this. It isn't a solution.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: