Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NetMoto can't connect in boot mode. me7_95040 works in boot mode.  (Read 6080 times)
snowzach

I have an ME7.5 out of a 2001 Audi TT, I've used NefMoto in the past in boot mode to read/write fine. I re-installed Windows on this machine some time ago and it stopped working. Checked another machine as well and it doesn't work no matter the baud.

It logs this every time and at every baud:
Code:
Connecting...
Starting bootstrap loader upload.
Sent bootstrap init zero byte.
Received device ID response for init zero byte.
Successfully uploaded bootstrap loader.
Received bootstrap loader started status message.
Starting upload of bootmode runtime.
Uploaded bootmode runtime data.
Sent baud rate detection byte.
Bootmode runtime upload failed. Failed to receive baud rate detection response message.
Disconnected
Connecting...
Starting bootstrap loader upload.
Bootstrap loader upload failed. Failed to receive device ID response for init zero byte.
Disconnected

I've got 12V on 3, 21, 62, 121
Ground on 1 or 2 (do you need to ground both? I've only ever grounded one of them and I know it's worked before. I did try both at one point and same result)
I'm using an electronics power supply that I have used fine in the past that outputs exactly 12.0V

I am able to use me7_95040.exe to read/write the eeprom in boot mode and that works fine.

Pulling my hair out here.. Any suggestions?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 08:52:22 AM »

https://github.com/NefMoto/NefMotoOpenSource/issues/6

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
snowzach

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 11:50:16 AM »

I could be completely off my rocker, but I thought bootmode actually kinda worked in Nefmoto? I swore I've used it in the past.

I actually tried using Galetto 1260 also. It says it writes the bin file (in bootmode) and I can read the ECU and what it reads matches but when I cycle the ECU, I can't connect to it in KWP mode after that nor will it start the car. It's like the ECU is just dead. Even writing a bone stock image to it doesn't make it respond. I am too chicken to try my other working ECU for fear the same thing will happen to it.

royce5950

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 04:36:05 AM »

what cable are you using?

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 02:30:49 PM »

I could be completely off my rocker, but I thought bootmode actually kinda worked in Nefmoto? I swore I've used it in the past.

It is limited to telling you if the ecu is in bootmode or not. That's it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: