Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Me7.5 Stage 1  (Read 9222 times)
SlashProm

« on: June 02, 2019, 05:49:12 AM »

I'm looking to tune my 1.8t AUQ Leon and I just have a couple of questions. I have done my research but I would like some conformation from someone with experience.

I wont be asking for more than 1.2 bar of boost so I know I wont need to mess with KFMIRL/KFMIOP.

I know that I need to adjust LAMFA to target 12.5 AFR at WOT for the best torque, and a little extra fuel is always a safe way to go.

So if I just edit LAMFA to target 12.5 AFR at >50% load request (.85 in ecu)
Edit LDRXN and KFLDHBN to request more load/boost and KFZW for a few degrees of ignition timing.

Would I be correct in the assumption that modifying these files slightly would be the basis of a stage 1 tune?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 10:00:23 AM by SlashProm » Logged
SlashProm

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 08:49:15 AM »

Also, will editing KFLDHBN even be necessary if I'm only looking to pull around 16 PSI maximum?
Or should just modifying LDRXN be enough?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:13:56 AM by SlashProm » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:56:54 AM »

Dont mess with timing. Also use BTS fueling if its available instead of LAMFA , BTS uses actual load instead of driver request.

and:

BlackT

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 11:08:15 AM »

KFLDHBN stock values are about 1.1 Bar, for stage 1 and stock K03, KFLDHBN stock values are enought for good and safe power.
Only lifting LDRXN would not give you 1.1 bar boost. Beacuse KFMIRL it will taper around 1 bar.  You must slightly incrise values at KFMIRL in region 3-5000 RPM and 75-85% load
Blazius

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 11:10:57 AM »

75-85% load

KFMIRL axis is not load but requested torque from KFPED/kfmiop.
BlackT

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 11:34:53 AM »

Thanks for correction, my bad in typing,I mean to write torque
SlashProm

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 11:53:29 AM »

Thanks for all the replies. I've spent the last few hours looking at the s4wiki. I'm a little confused about this part

First, make sure the 80-100% torque request (misopl1=milsol/etazwbm/etalab) rows request enough load:

KFMIRL - specified load
KFMIOP - converts rlmax (from LDRXN) into the torque request cap, which limits the torque request input to KFMIRL
Note that milsol will be limited by the output of KFMIOP (where the load input is rlmax), and the stock values of KFMIOP never exceed 89%. This means that unless you alter the max values of KFMIOP (no, there is no reason to do this), the largest torque request KFMIRL will see is 89%. Tune KFMIRL (not KFMIOP) accordingly.

Do I just need to make sure that the max values in KFMIRL don't exceed the load%request I make in LDRXN?

As for the LDRXN it's self, how would be a good way to bring in my boost? I'm guessing it will only be scaled when requesting more than 50%load or is more than 70-80% better? I also know the boost needs to come on hard then slowly drop off at the end of the revs right?

I planned to scale the LAMFA or BTS if possible? to .85 for >50% request so I thought to do the same with the turbo, or is WOT >50%?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 12:55:18 PM by SlashProm » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 12:12:33 PM »

Thanks for all the replies. I've spent the last few hours looking at the s4wiki. I'm a little confused about this part

I've spent month,50 galons of fuel, and more than 30 logs to figure out how tourqe conversion in ME7 works.
AT WOT:  LDRXN is converted via KFMIOP to  requested torque (mimax then mifa bla bla all you have explaied in S4 wiki) then you get misopl1. Then misopl1 is converted via KFMIRL to requsted load(rlsol).
If that requested load is lower than LDRXN, the ECU will follow rlsol

This is very rought explenation, you will must read S4wiki many many times as well all topic hear on forum so you can understand it fully
Blazius

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 02:31:23 PM »

Basically whatever your put in KFMIRL gets limited by LDRXN. If its above it uses the LDRXN value of its below it follows KFMIRL values. The torque request from pedal is calculated for optimium torque simply ( there are other things like lambda 1 etc.) then that value is used in KFMIRL which determines requested load. KFMIOP uses actual load and RPM to calculate optimium torque % to make sure you dont exceed safe limits.

As it says right there , your torque request will be at 89% max( if you dont modify KFMIOP), so tune KFMIRL in the RPM/ 89% range to get what you want.

Another way is mentioned right there. Set LDRXN very high and use HBN values to control your boost request if you prefer that. This method doesnt take IAT and vvt into equation thats why some peope tune this way.

Again we ( BlackT - I guess Cheesy and me) are still newbies to the scene too. Also if the "pros" think something is wrong , please correct me.

BTS fueling comes active when you calculated EGTs pass a certain threshold, because of this people lower this value to a low value like 500C so they can use it for fueling. WOT is always max torque request.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 02:35:48 PM by Blazius » Logged
SlashProm

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »

Thank you. I believe I understand now.

The earlier I request a higher load, the earlier it requests more boost, as they are linked. So I can essentially increase the maximum requested load around a certain rpm, and taper it off towards red-line.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 02:57:15 PM by SlashProm » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 03:04:41 PM »

Thank you. I believe I understand now.

The earlier I request a higher load, the earlier it requests more boost, as they are linked. So I can essentially increase the maximum requested load around a certain rpm, and taper it off towards red-line.

Well that is just a rough description there are other things that can give you intervention if you request too much too fast etc.specially below 60% pedal. You have to read the WG section PID section etc.

For starters only modify the peak of ko3 2500-3500 or so , for a little more boost request either via ldrxn or HBN methods and log , see if your actual follows requested.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6955.0

anyway , also read that Smiley also
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 03:09:26 PM by Blazius » Logged
SlashProm

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 12:25:29 AM »

Yeah I had to re word it around 10 times just to kind of describe the logic.

Before I read about this ecu, I thought you'd have a boost table and then a fuel table, and would have to edit both and experiment and stuff. I never knew it would have a load table that is essentially boost request and that the maf would just add the extra fuel for me haha.

I'm also just starting to understand modern petrol engine tuning. I'm assuming you run 8.5 lambda because it makes more torque and also lowers cylinder pressure and EGT's, so you can run boost. Is there a reason why I can't also run more timing? Or is it just not needed with stage 1? More of a WMI application thing? I was under the impression that a richer mixture would allow for a couple degrees of timing, but I guess it's taken up by the increased boost and therefore higher fuelling.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 02:49:39 AM by SlashProm » Logged
adam-

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 03:08:47 AM »

Because the OEM calibrated the timing table on a dyno and is usually pretty close.  If you run good fuel (and only ever good fuel), do fuel and boost first, then add timing and see if it knocks.  You may even need to reduce timing if you experience knock.  So leave stock first.
Blazius

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 04:23:21 AM »

More boost = more compressed air = means more chance of preignition , 1.8t already has quite a high CR ratio for a turbo engine.Now yes you add more fuel when you up the boost, but check if are getting knock first or not, then add timing until you do get knock then dial it back. However for stage 1 changing timing massively is not needed I think.
SlashProm

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 06:26:10 AM »

I just figured I might need a degree or two after peak boost but like you guys said, fuel and boost first and go from there.

I'll be getting some Kessv2 stuff soon so I'l be logging as well when I do.

Is it true that Kessv2 automatically corrects checksums? I think i even heard winols does it now. Guessing some of the guides are outdated now.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: