Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AM29F800BB compatibilty  (Read 4410 times)
rnagy86

« on: June 03, 2019, 06:41:32 AM »

Hey everyone!

So I've got a 8D907551D ECU for free which had a non-writable EEPROM in it,
which was made by Intel. Anyway I am about to source a replacement AMD
EEPROM for it but I can only find this specific model locally:
AM29F800BB-120SC

The OEM ECUs come with AM29F80BB-70SE.

I have no idea what the difference is between 120SC and 70SE because after looking
at their datasheet I could not find anything different (i think they have a shared datasheet)
and I cannot find any information about the naming convention of AMD eeproms either.
Does anyone know if the two are compatible or can someone with enough knowledge
shed a light on the difference please, before I start soldering Smiley

Thank you!
Blazius

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 07:37:18 AM »

if Datasheet is the same Im positive you can use it. I think the last part of the naming means die revisions.
nbdiy

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 10:51:49 AM »

it access time 70ns and 120ns

the letter after should be operating temperature, and last one could be series
rnagy86

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 11:59:18 AM »

Thanks for the input guys. So this tells me that I should just solder it in and see what is up.
Access time should not be a problem I assume.
Blazius

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 01:25:51 PM »

Thanks for the input guys. So this tells me that I should just solder it in and see what is up.
Access time should not be a problem I assume.

Thats something you will find out. There are some very low latency timed logics in ME7 but I dont think it will pose an issue , you will find out Cheesy
prj

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 02:11:27 AM »

Thats something you will find out. There are some very low latency timed logics in ME7 but I dont think it will pose an issue , you will find out Cheesy

You have always something to say even if you have no idea WTF you are on about.

Memory access speed is simply the question of reading the processor datasheet and looking at the read strobe diagram and specification. Then looking at the latency of the flash.
If the CE/OE latency of the memory in question is fast enough, it will work with the processor at a given clock speed, if it is not, it will not.

No "logic" or other bullshit has anything to do with it. Just a tip, it's better to say nothing than say something about every single topic on this forum when you don't have a clue 90% of the time.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 03:56:45 AM »

You have always something to say even if you have no idea WTF you are on about.

Memory access speed is simply the question of reading the processor datasheet and looking at the read strobe diagram and specification. Then looking at the latency of the flash.
If the CE/OE latency of the memory in question is fast enough, it will work with the processor at a given clock speed, if it is not, it will not.

No "logic" or other bullshit has anything to do with it. Just a tip, it's better to say nothing than say something about every single topic on this forum when you don't have a clue 90% of the time.

I dont think so. Maybe I am wrong maybe I am not. Point was , put it in , youll see if it works or not "thats something you have to find out", so I have not been wrong about that was I ?

And I love your selective posts. Okay I couldve been wrong here but I helped many noobs and other people when noone else would.

And no , I rather say something ( aswell most of the time I do mention that it could be wrong sorry I am not a "pro") than leave threads out there without answers, when I know there are people who could answer the questions they just rather not want to. And I know they can because they do answer ... just selectively, today I will answer x, next I'll help this guy in 5 days.. Now I know these certain people (probably) make their living with this but yeah Smiley
prj

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 04:06:23 AM »

Yadda yadda yadda.

It's very simple - if you don't know jack shit about the topic, don't write some random filler. It just makes you look dumb.
Memory latency is something specific given by a datasheet, it either works or it doesn't and it doesn't matter WHATSOEVER what is running on the processor, only the frequency of the processor.

Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 04:17:40 AM »

Yadda yadda yadda.

It's very simple - if you don't know jack shit about the topic, don't write some random filler. It just makes you look dumb.
Memory latency is something specific given by a datasheet, it either works or it doesn't and it doesn't matter WHATSOEVER what is running on the processor, only the frequency of the processor.

No it does not, these people want answers , even if a its a general one as "put it in , and youll see if it works" IF nobody else is replying. Why do I - my post have to force out an answer from you if you know it ?

This is what is "weird" - to say that - about you. You always come in here in a cunty way and bash people for whatever reasons BUT you do drop a little bit of knowledge somehwere in the post just to say " I did help" instead of "did not help".
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 03:52:47 PM »

Yadda yadda yadda.

Plus whatever waitstates are configured for that particular chip select

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 03:11:25 AM »

No it does not, these people want answers , even if a its a general one
LOL, yeah "answer" something which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Maybe I should just write on topics - hey, the weather is sunny outside, maybe leave the ECU for later - that's an answer too right?
Cheesy

Don't post random trash when you don't know what you're on about, it does not help anyone.

Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 03:35:37 PM »

LOL, yeah "answer" something which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Maybe I should just write on topics - hey, the weather is sunny outside, maybe leave the ECU for later - that's an answer too right?
Cheesy

Don't post random trash when you don't know what you're on about, it does not help anyone.

Well its not the same thing is it " weather " vs general answer in the category / topic of the question. But I do get what you mean dont get me wrong by quoting you. Anyway fine.

Now can you explain to me why didnt you reply to my threads(for example) which dwelve into the FR deeply instead of telling me how NOT to do something , like for example why cwmdapp disables fuel trims on NA software?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: