Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bit "slow" around here these days, aint it ? IMO  (Read 7185 times)
Blazius

« on: June 24, 2019, 02:05:19 PM »

I just feel like its a little "empty" around here these days, or maybe I just feel like it cause I check Nefmoto daily / sparse hourly since a few months, and that is not a bad thing ( I think ?).

What do you ya'll think ?
littco

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 02:28:42 PM »

I just feel like its a little "empty" around here these days, or maybe I just feel like it cause I check Nefmoto daily / sparse hourly since a few months, and that is not a bad thing ( I think ?).

Yep. agree, probably as most of those that can contribute are probably working on the simos stuff now and don't want to share what they know because then everyone will know how to tune the dam things.  Grin Grin Wink Wink
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »

Yep. agree, probably as most of those that can contribute are probably working on the simos stuff now and don't want to share what they know because then everyone will know how to tune the dam things.  Grin Grin Wink Wink

Exactly, the past few threads, including some of mine, are file requestes, help requestes, problem solving etc. There arent actually any "interesting" reads, tuning, or tuning experiences in detail.

What simos ecus are you reffering to btw , modern golfs with tfsi etc. they use simos ?
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 04:42:26 PM »

It's one thing to recalibrate and quite another to completely reengineer.  Thus it's a lot of work or one Helleva lot of work depending on which result that you're trying to accomplish.  Wink
gt-innovation

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 10:06:40 AM »

Probably because the actual contribution is being done by a handful of people while others are waiting on their asses. Btw posting for new stuff which is actually really hard to achieve is not something someone will do happily unless he runs into some kind of trouble..

That said i saw some older Gurus joining in on simos although they trashed this forum on certain posts on social media.

Now maybe it is your turn to fill the forum with useful posts instead of pointing the obvious Smiley Smiley
Blazius

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 10:34:38 AM »

Probably because the actual contribution is being done by a handful of people while others are waiting on their asses. Btw posting for new stuff which is actually really hard to achieve is not something someone will do happily unless he runs into some kind of trouble..

That said i saw some older Gurus joining in on simos although they trashed this forum on certain posts on social media.

Now maybe it is your turn to fill the forum with useful posts instead of pointing the obvious Smiley Smiley

Dont get me wrong , but there is still a lot of interesting threads to read on here for sure, but you do get what I mean anyway.

And yes I plan to give something back in the ways  (which are my experiences so far) I can , but  there is still a lot ahead of me before I can reach the likes of some other members here.

But ME7 was used in many cars and brands there is still a lot to explore and document fully. 5 cylinders, vr5 me7, vr6 me7, volvo me7 , 1.8 NA etc . These have threads on them yet but they are nowhere near complete and yes I know this forum is american mostly, and many of those engines werent offered in the USA , however this is stil "the" ME7 forum. Just as an example.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 08:13:53 AM »

Nobody else has bothered to do it. I'm the only one who spent a long time compiling all of the information and not playing the glass bead trading game.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 09:19:50 AM »

Nobody else has bothered to do it. I'm the only one who spent a long time compiling all of the information and not playing the glass bead trading game.

You are talking about the examples that I have described or just ME7 in general? And what exactly do you mean by "glass bead trading game"? Interesting description   Cheesy
Dave9n3

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 05:08:24 AM »

I'd love to be in the position to be able to contribute more, but as it goes I still have loads to learn before I can be useful. I feel like the step between learning to adjust and tune stuff properly to being able to reverse engineer, create useful command line apps, custom patches etc etc is so massive its hard for people to get to that level even if they want to. I'm still learning how to find variables in IDA and even loading the binary took me a while to grasp.

Not sure if some people like myself are just not cut out for it and never will be, or if it just takes years for anyone to become OK with it.
gt-innovation

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 01:15:44 PM »

I guess people are enjoying summer. I will go on holiday to Europe too soon, this property in Athens is waiting for us this August. Anybody in that area?

Best ad BOT ever... Smiley Smiley Smiley
Blazius

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 01:20:04 PM »

Best ad BOT ever... Smiley Smiley Smiley

sounds like one but I dont think it is one Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: