Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gear Shift - torque limit - gearbox protection?  (Read 2956 times)
MasterJJ406

« on: July 07, 2019, 10:22:50 AM »

Hi guys,
I would like to ask you for advice.

I am trying to find something that can limit torque right after gear change.

Scenario:
When I shift gear up and immediately step on gas pedal then I will get big ignition retard and car doesn't accelerate.
When I shift gear up and wait a second before I step on gas pedal then car pulls normally.
It looks like some gearbox protection mechanism.

The biggest trouble is that ecu is not successful in recovering ignition timing back so I have to leave gas pedal and step on it again.

I am trying to find maps and more info related to this to resolve this.

Thanks a lot for any help
gt-innovation

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 12:21:22 PM »

Hi guys,
I would like to ask you for advice.

I am trying to find something that can limit torque right after gear change.

Scenario:
When I shift gear up and immediately step on gas pedal then I will get big ignition retard and car doesn't accelerate.
When I shift gear up and wait a second before I step on gas pedal then car pulls normally.
It looks like some gearbox protection mechanism.

The biggest trouble is that ecu is not successful in recovering ignition timing back so I have to leave gas pedal and step on it again.

I am trying to find maps and more info related to this to resolve this.

Thanks a lot for any help

You are missing a ton of information here...Be more specific about ecu platform and what dsg...there are several protection algorithms and torque limiters for gearshift but they are different in every box...
Kompiesto

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 12:38:49 PM »

TLAFA?
MasterJJ406

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 04:17:18 AM »

Thank you for answers.
Sorry for missing information.
It's ME7.4.6. with standard manual gearbox. Supercharged from NA.
Old thread: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=15456.15
I made some progress and solved roughly those things from old thread, but this is something strange for me.

I don't know what information is relevant but I will try provide everything needed.

I've found something about this topic in ARMD and MDKOG, but I am not sure what could change the game in this with SC.

Thanks for the patience Smiley

Blazius

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 04:27:50 AM »

ARMD is a bullshit function in motronic, even OEM calibrators didnt get it right, and copy pasted the same tables from projects to projects. Some european tuners disable it and get way better riding experience and so on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: