Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Readiness question.  (Read 1909 times)
Lunatic

« on: July 13, 2019, 05:02:00 AM »

I've decided to post my question here since I'm new and I couldn't find a solid answer, yet.

On the EDC16 ECU, where can one find the readiness monitor location/address?

I've successfully zeroed out the EGR hysteresis values. I have no check engine light on. When I open up VCDS to check readiness, I see that EGR is "not ready" or "incomplete". I'd like to know how I can change this to "passed" for example.

If someone would like to share this information, please let me know. There are many great threads on this awesome site but this information is difficult to find. As a gentlemen's agreement, I'll keep the information to myself should you desire. In that case, send me a private message.

I thank you all for your time and have a great day.

dilly

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 07:52:04 PM »

well for a start, since you have vcds access run the readiness test.....then report back
Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 03:27:27 AM »

well for a start, since you have vcds access run the readiness test.....then report back

With the EGR hysteresis values zeroed out, that effectively turns off the trigger in the ECU. As such, the ECU doesn't run the EGR and an "incomplete" or "failed" status appears. Running the readiness in VCDS probably won't do anything due to the reason above. I'll give it a shot sometime this week though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: