Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KFZW Questions  (Read 3460 times)
SlashProm

« on: July 10, 2019, 06:36:39 AM »

I'll be doing some logs on my tune later so I'll be able to start tuning ignition timing. I've noticed that the %load axis goes up to 150 in KFZW. Does this mean It will use 150% load values at WOT or anywhere between 80%-150%.

Also do I need to scale this axis too or is it ok because KFMIRL load axis is still the same. Or can I just tune the 150% load line?

Just a bit confused why the load%request goes to 150% rather than 100% like KFMIRL.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:52:33 AM by SlashProm » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:51:24 AM »

I'll be doing some logs on my tune later so I'll be able to start tuning ignition timing. I've noticed that the %load axis goes up to 150 in KFZW. Does this mean It will use 150% load values at WOT or anywhere between 80%-150%.
It will use 150% at 150% and above, and interpolate below

Also do I need to scale this axis too or is it ok because KFMIRL load axis is still the same. Or can I just tune the 150% load line?
If you want to tune past 150% yes, you will have to rescale, but keep in mind other map may share this load axis, you'll have to change all of them if you move axis data around

Just a bit confused why the load%request goes to 150% rather than 100% like KFMIRL.

The input to KFMIRL is torque request not load request.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SlashProm

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »

Thanks for the reply Nyet. I'm only really tuning WOT right now as I'm still just a beginner here. I have my boost tapering off at about 4.5-6.5k so I thought I could pick up a bit of power in the top end with some timing advance.

Could you try and explain in layman's terms what 150% is all about? I'm a little confused as to why most things are 100% request such as torque request, accel position and so on. But load calculates up to 150%?
Is this because you may request more load for the same torque request such as uphill and so on, and it allows it to calculate when it's under higher load conditions?

I'm trying to get my head around things like that but all I've figured out so far is lowering KFMIOP values to get closer to the higher corresponding values KFMIRL requests.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:34:23 AM by SlashProm » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 09:37:39 AM »

Thanks for the reply Nyet. I'm only really tuning WOT right now as I'm still just a beginner here. I have my boost tapering off at about 4.5-6.5k so I thought I could pick up a bit of power in the top end with some timing advance.

Could you try and explain in layman's terms what 150% is all about? I'm a little confused as to why most things are 100% request such as torque request, accel position and so on. But load calculates up to 150%?
Is this because you may request more load for the same torque request such as uphill and so on, and it allows it to calculate when it's under higher load?

I'm trying to get my head around things like that but all I've figured out so far is lowering KFMIOP values to get closer to the higher corresponding values KFMIRL requests.

It's tapered because of the turbo, check out the compressor map. Load is a defined thing , but generally on default calibration 100% is full displacement 1013 mbar at normal conditions. It varies from soft to soft.
But it means cylinder charge basically. If you request more load it means you are requesting more charge and what is there to provide this charge? The turbo, however this doesnt mean you can request more load and done you are boosting 30 psi.
SlashProm

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 10:08:43 AM »

Yeah sorry if I worded that wrong. I've mapped the car myself and tapered the boost there accordingly. I was doing a bit of reading about boost vs timing. It seems I can run a little lower boost and more timing, or less timing and more boost. But I just want to start simple for now and increase a little from 4.5k-6.5k at WOT and log each run until I see knock.

So just to clarify. If I just tune the 150% load line that will be enough for WOT?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »

Yeah sorry if I worded that wrong. I've mapped the car myself and tapered the boost there accordingly. I was doing a bit of reading about boost vs timing. It seems I can run a little lower boost and more timing, or less timing and more boost. But I just want to start simple for now and increase a little from 4.5k-6.5k at WOT and log each run until I see knock.

So just to clarify. If I just tune the 150% load line that will be enough for WOT?

Log load. you need to get an idea of how it relates.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 10:39:17 AM »

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Load

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SlashProm

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 10:40:43 AM »

I think I understand you. If I log requested load I can see how high the request is and where and get a better idea of what %load points I'm at during a WOT pull?

Just seen your reply Nyet, I'll have a good read thank you. I really need to have a better read through some of the sub sections, I just find a lot of the explanations go over my head.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: